• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

training squadrons for SNFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripvanhinkle

Just trying to get a heads up on VT-4 and VT-10. What to expect from each and what everyone feels abour the diferences between the two, if there are any. I am in week 6 of API and just want to know what to expect next.

ripvanhinkle

Yeah, I did NIFS out of NE Philly when I was stashed up there. Took me 3 months to class up for API after I checked in.

unfUSN

I'm in VT-10... just about to graduate. Both squadrons work off the same sylabus... I'm not too sure about the differnce in grading but VT-10 has a better record for ADV graduation. And VT-10 students seem to fly quicker and moer often once you hit flight side.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
I don't know that there's that much of a difference. Same syllabus, et cetera. The biggest thing I can think of is that VT-4 has 12 hour watches while at VT-10 they're only 8 hours...

Really, the biggest difference won't be the squadron, it'll be the aircraft. The T-6 guys are taking longer to fly than the T-34, but on the other hand, they're less resticted by weather since they can punch through 10,000' into the MOA. The systems are harder, but the EPs are easier... also better AC in the T-6

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
TurnandBurn55 said:
I don't know that there's that much of a difference. Same syllabus, et cetera. The biggest thing I can think of is that VT-4 has 12 hour watches while at VT-10 they're only 8 hours...

Really, the biggest difference won't be the squadron, it'll be the aircraft. The T-6 guys are taking longer to fly than the T-34, but on the other hand, they're less resticted by weather since they can punch through 10,000' into the MOA. The systems are harder, but the EPs are easier... also better AC in the T-6

Greg, its Jackson here if you remember me. Steve Sweeney is in VT-86, so maybe you can get a hold of him for some good gouge. I know him, Nunzi, Leslie Miller, and Susan Sacavage all went through the same one and liked it, I just can't remember which one it was. Best of luck to ya, hope all goes well. BTW: Who was your instructor at Hortman (if that's where you did IFS).

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Jaxs- I think you have me confused for someone else ;)

Sorry for the mix-up, but I appreciate the sentiments nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.