• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Training, shooting, and stuff

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Very very nice.....take that sucker out and shoot it at dusk. Take pictures. I need some moto to go get a trust done.......

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's HOT. Do you have any additional details on the barrel? I've been looking for one.

I had it cut by ADCO. Buying a 6920 upper, having it cut by them and shipped back, and buying the rail was still cheaper than buying a Specialized Armament MK-18 upper and buying a rail. An added plus is that ADCO seems to have a stellar rep for their concentric threads, which matters if you run suppressed and non-suppressed (something I plan to do eventually). DSG Arms had great prices (with mil discount) and availability of the 6920, so it made sense. You could do the same thing with a DD 10.3" barrel. For me, this was part research project, part keeping it fairly correct, so I went with the Colt. I think they still have LMT 10.5 uppers in stock, too, which is another great option. My one concern is the gas port. ADCO says they know what size to make it when they cut it down, but they didn't tell me what they used. I'm sure it will cycle fine now, by concern is down the road if it runs suppressed. If they keep to the Crane/CQBR spec (I think it's .063"...I have it written down somewhere), it should be fine.

Very very nice.....take that sucker out and shoot it at dusk. Take pictures. I need some moto to go get a trust done.......

I'm sure it will be a bit of a flame-thrower...even during the day.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Op Check complete. Well, ~20 rounds or so. I was shooting in a 2-gun competition today with my other SBR upper (which worked flawlessly) and then went around the corner and shot a few rounds to see if this thing cycled. I'll zero it and play with it some more in a day or two. Even in the rain, it's fun to shoot in Florida. (I'll try and get a video next time)

As an aside, I was messing with buffers today. My piston upper is a little harsh with a H buffer and I think a little over-gassed. I brought a H2 with me and put it in the gun. It's noticeably smoother and still cycled fine. And now all the brass is going forward instead of directly for my brass deflector. Uh oh, I've mentioned a gas piston...don't tell anyone over at M4c.net. <insert rolling eyes emoticon>

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
It's amazing how much softer you can make an upper shoot with a heavy buffer. I shot a friends Bushmaster the other day and it felt like it was tearing itself apart. Checked out the buffer and sure enough it had a carbine buffer in it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Never put this up. Sorry, no fireball. Just a few shots by my dad after zeroing.