• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

train crunches without partner?

takern

I know its best to train crunches with a partner how they are going to be done for the pft but i am the only one in my school doing this program and my usual training buddy is out with a busted ankle. does anyone know a way to essentially lock my feet and legs in place as if someone was assisting me? i tried putting my feet under my dresser but about 40 in it starts to bounce around and actually come off the ground and i cant get my pullup bar to stay in place on the door frame. any ideas?
Thanks

Yankee Uniform Tango
Here's a video straight from the Marine OCS website on how to perform crunches without a partner: http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/CandidateInformation/Movies/crunches.MPG

Personally I always felt solo crunches are more of a workout than assisted ones, so if you can do the former you'll do great with the latter. Augment them with other exercises (e.g. leg lifts), and if you wanna be a stud, do them with a weight plate on your chest.

Hastings0763

i personally just put 1 hex dumbell on each of my feet (i use a 30lb'er for each foot) and it works just fine. i can stick my foot under the clearance between each weighted side (under the hand-grip) and i find that i stay firmly in place without any wiggle (granted, you need to find the right side dumbell, like this:
dumbell_Hex.jpg

good luck sounds like you got several options!

takern

awesome. thanks so much cron. just did a set of 100 and it felt like 120-130 of the normal ones. great find

rjmayer

I do the dumb bell idea, couch works well (feet under it) especially with a couch potato room mate on it! Leg lifts with ankle weights are good too. I'm sure your school has a gym with a sit up bench, which really works well at an incline.

jtmedli

pilot
I use my couch also...by no means do I have six pack abs, but crunches aren't an issue for me. Use weighted sit ups as well. Hold a 10lb weight on your chest and try declined sit ups.