• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Traffic 12 o'clock, 10 miles, invisible A320

jtmedli

pilot
Yeah umm...I don't see this going over too well. I don't know too many airline pax who are comfortable flying to the point that they would want to jump in an 'invisible plane'. Actually, I don't think I know anyone, other than myself and I'm not that thrilled about it, who would want to do that.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
I would enjoy it. It would be fun as sh**.

I fully expect some people to get vertigo and ruin all my fun though.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I can't say that I'd want to work on an invisible plane, way too much to try and hide as to not freak out the passengers. It would be a maintainer’s nightmare.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"Do you have that traffic in sight?"

"No, but I see 150 people squatting at FL 250. Is that what I'm looking for?"

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
When you can't built a legitimately superior product, you resort to gimmicks to sell your wares.

I can't help but feel Airbus has just jumped the shark with this one.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
"The extraordinary design would allow travelers to look down on cities and landscapes thousands of feet below or gaze up at the heavens, giving them the sensation of floating unassisted through the sky."

That's a neat idea, but it assumes that I can see down past my feet which are jammed up against my carry-on because 1) the overhead spaces are packed to the gills, and 2), there's not enough room between seats even if my carry-on was in the overhead.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Obviously an engineer's wet-dream ... and typical AirBus 'fluff' ... but it would kinda' fuck up the airborne 'see & avoid' concept in aviation ... :)

ryan1234

wait 'til they have some hydraulic leak or some emergency... and everyone can see exactly what's going on... yipee

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Lame. Looking for other airplanes is about the only thing that entertains me during one of TACAMO's famous 40-bajillion hour flights.

Well, that and reading my NATOPS.

.... I almost typed that second part without laughing.

Stupid Airbus.