• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tracking Jets as an old dude

Eulenspeigel

I-JET
pilot
It’s not fair, but it is amusing how That Squadron can pull it together and turn it around and perform really well for a long time, but as soon as they screw something up it’s right back to being That Squadron.

They’re like the bridge builder who, after building hundreds of bridges, is only known for that one time with the goat.
And slinging LMAVs all over Afghanistan

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Weird, all my VP friends hate their community. ;) In all seriousness, days spent at home shouldn't be the primary consideration when selecting a community.

Primary consideration? Probably not, but I’ve missed a lot of big family events compared to every Marine KC-130 pilot. When you meet the AV-8B pilot who has done 4 x MEU pumps and deploying FAC tour in OEF before his Dept Head tour - It should be at least a consideration.

Story time ?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Story time ?
Just sayin . . .
watching-popcorn.gif

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The LMAV thing is probably another example of the "That Squadron" phenomenon. I doubt that there is a single F/A-18 squadron that hasn't slung an LMAV into east/west/north/south Jesus in AFG or IRQ at some point. It is really simple to use, but f***king it up is historically common. I thankfully never did, but I think I flew with an operative CATM-65E exactly once prior to being shot off the bow with a live round and heading up the BLVD into AFG my first time. That isn't much OJT :) Fortunately, the most memorable part of my first green ink was having made a breakfast sandwich at 0500 with a stale English muffin. My skipper (who was my lead) laughed that I would live to regret my breakfast decision. As the entire sandwich was disintegrating all over the cockpit, with only 10% getting into my mouth for a 6-7 hr mission, I could envision his cackling. And then I got the boat crud, and was shaking from a fever the whole way back down the blvd and coming back for a night trap. Yay

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The LMAV thing is probably another example of the "That Squadron" phenomenon. I doubt that there is a single F/A-18 squadron that hasn't slung an LMAV into east/west/north/south Jesus in AFG or IRQ at some point. It is really simple to use, but f***king it up is historically common. I thankfully never did, but I think I flew with an operative CATM-65E exactly once prior to being shot off the bow with a live round and heading up the BLVD into AFG my first time. That isn't much OJT :) Fortunately, the most memorable part of my first green ink was having made a breakfast sandwich at 0500 with a stale English muffin. My skipper (who was my lead) laughed that I would live to regret my breakfast decision. As the entire sandwich was disintegrating all over the cockpit, with only 10% getting into my mouth for a 6-7 hr mission, I could envision his cackling. And then I got the boat crud, and was shaking from a fever the whole way back down the blvd and coming back for a night trap. Yay
Uhh . . . OK. Have another one . . .