• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tour OCS Before Class Starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike26

Hello all,
I have an OCS class date of 18 OCT. I am currently in the AF and will be in PCOLA for a week in August for about a week. Does anyone know if they give tours of the OCS facility? I would like to go and sneek a peek before my class starts. I do not know if this is possible. Has anyone heard of this being allowed, if so I would like to know how to get an inside look.
Thanks,
Mike

solenita72

SWO Wife
You can go and sneek around yourself. Just look for the battalions and the tons of people in wash khakis marching in groups or single file! LOL

grouch

The fun group to watch will have about five or six in poopies and a few wash khakis in it. Hoorah GTX!

thomasdr72

Hi there! Just wanted to know who you went through in order to get your paperwork done. I'm currently an AF MSgt looking for a commission, and the Navy has always been an option...

Any info you could share will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Dana Thomas

Originally posted by Mike26
Hello all,
I have an OCS class date of 18 OCT. I am currently in the AF and will be in PCOLA for a week in August for about a week. Does anyone know if they give tours of the OCS facility? I would like to go and sneek a peek before my class starts. I do not know if this is possible. Has anyone heard of this being allowed, if so I would like to know how to get an inside look.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike26

Dana,
I went through a Navy Officer recruiter, if you don't know how to get in contact with one you can call an enlisted recruiter and they will tell you how. Also if you still have a commitment you can obtain a conditional release and transfer to the Navy. The whole process is very easy compared to the Air Force. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.
Mike

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Dana, I'm AD/AF also. My OCS package was submitted a couple of weeks ago through the Navy Officer Recruiter in San Antonio (Fort Sam Houston to be exact). The recruiter should be able to answer any questions you may have, but if you have any that you'd prefer not to ask them, I'd be happy to answer any that I can.

Hey Mike, are you going to Pensacola for S-V86-A? Just asking because I just went last week. Awesome course.

Shaggy

Mike26

S-V86A? Are you talking about water survival? If so I did it in the AF here at Fairchild, but I will have to redo it in the Navy

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Ok, yeah, the water survival at Fairchild is S-V90-A (Non-Parachuting Water Survival). I did that one back in '96 at Fairchild too. S-V86-A is Parachuting Water Survival. Obviously very similar, just a lot more open water type stuff and parachuting focus for S-V86-A. I just went to that course in Pensacola last week and it was a blast.

I was told last week that the only real open water training that the Navy does for survival is helo extraction. Does anybody know if that's true? Didn't quite sound right to me.

Mike26

spsiratt,
Are you trying to get a SNA slot? Where are you stationed at now? Good luck with your package

spsiratt

24 April OCS
My eyes are too bad for pilot (20/100), so I've put in for SNFO, Intel, and Crypto. I'm stationed at DM right now, haven't been here very long. Congratulations on your selection. Were you picked up for SNA?

spsiratt

24 April OCS
No class date for me yet, still waiting to hear if I've been accepted. Even thought the recruiter said my package looked outstanding (I've heard that before, lol), I'm not holding my breath. I know things are pretty competitive right now, so I'm hopeful but not overconfident.

Status
Not open for further replies.