• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Torn Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Hi guys,

Need some med advice here. I just got home from playing softball, and conveniently appear to have torn my right quad. I felt and heard a nice pop at I was rounding third, and just about any movement of the quad right now is quite sore. I can hobble around still, just not comfortably.

I've iced it once, will ice again shortly then apply heat. I have advil in me. Suggestions otherwise?

Looks like I'm not runnin the Bolder Boulder on Monday, sh|t!

~Nate

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DairyCreamer said:
Hi guys,

Need some med advice here. I just got home from playing softball, and conveniently appear to have torn my right quad. I felt and heard a nice pop at I was rounding third, and just about any movement of the quad right now is quite sore. I can hobble around still, just not comfortably.

I've iced it once, will ice again shortly then apply heat. I have advil in me. Suggestions otherwise?

Looks like I'm not runnin the Bolder Boulder on Monday, sh|t!

~Nate
Uhh, how about seeing a doctor?

Brett

DairyCreamer

Brett327 said:
Uhh, how about seeing a doctor?

Brett

Not too many doctors open at 7 PM, and this isn't hospital-worthy. Just lookin for some first aid advice. Icing and such, you know?

~Nate

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

After 24 hrs of cold compress, go to heat to speed the healing. And see a doc as soon as you can, as a *pop* from your extremities is never good - you might have popped something in your knee, especially from your "it popped as I was rounding third" story.

Status
Not open for further replies.