• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took ASTB Today, 01/16/04, compared to Gouges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewms

I took the ASTB (1) exam this afternoon. I studied for three days, using primarily the ASTB gouges on this site and, briefly, the ARCO study guides. I was very impressed with the gouges and found the Arco guides so unlike the actual exam as to leave me wondering what moron used wrote them. You may notice, in the Arco manuals, that there are several examples of paragraphs, which indlude selections of words, which you must choose from, A-E, to replace a word in the paragraph, which seems to be illogical in placement. These questions, despite their frequency, do not appear on the actual ASTB.

With regards to the mathematics portion, the gouges are right on target and most of the questions from the gouges were actually on the exam, answers were the same.

I thought the spatial appreciation portion was more diffucult than what was represented by the gouges and that this portion should be studied more rigorously.

The engineering/mechanical portion of the test was significantly easier than the gouges, which was a relief.

I scored a 7 for the pilot portion and a 57 overall.

Later.

jca320

Hey Mike. I am scheduled to take the test on 230203. Tell me more about the Reading section. Good to know the gouges worked well.

What is your degree in?

Thanks

John

jreynard

I took the test today as well. I agree that all of the info needed is in these gouges. I did 8 on all three scores and scored a 51. They helped alot.

Gonzodogg

I totally agree.

Don't waste you time with the ARCO study guide. Everything you need to know is in the gouges - espesialy the practice test. There were actually quite a few problems that were identical.

Buck1022

I am taking the test on 1/28/04. I've been studying the gouges(which sounds like thats all i need to do) and the arco book. Any last minute tipsfor me?

Masterneo18

I took it today and had used to ARCO Study guide and did terrible. I guess i had better use the ifo on this site because i only have one more chance to take it.

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
I studied the ARCO book and didn't pass. It wasn't until after I took it, my OSO made me aware of this website. I couldn't believe him, while I was skimming through the gouges. If I would've known, I probably wouldn't have to be taking it again in February. Oh well, whatever it takes!

Buck1022

I just took it yesterday. I studied the gouges here and used the arco book for the spacial apperception part. Thats all I did and i felt pretty good about it. Good luck taking it again

Lukekini

I would just use the gouges on this website. The arco book didn't help much at all. I luckily found the gouges the day before my test and without those gouges my score could of been bad.

mgloeck

I am putting a packet together right now for PLC, and I am almost positive I'm going air. So I was wondering how the ASTB is scored and what the sections of the test are. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.