• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

too nasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
Yeah I was just being a smart-a$$. Make sure you have good shoes if you are running a ton. It will make your life alot easier. Dont over do it and let your legs rest. Shin splints are when the leg muscle starts to seperate from your shin bone so go easy.

Malice 1

pilot
You have to be a real jello sandwich to get kicked out of juniors. I would say go for it; except for the fact that you already have chin splints. Wait 'till next year.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
As far as scores go, obviously the Pull-ups are the most important aspect.

But for making OCS easier on yourself (and not getting killed) it is ALL about the run-time.

A guy who could do only 14-15 pull-ups but can run a 17:30 (and say a 270 PFT) will be much (!!!!) better off than the guy who can max the pull-ups but only runs a 23:00.

It is just geared toward a runner, as most events and daily PT are based on running a lot more than upper body strength.

That said, it is even better of you could run like a 19:00 or so with 15+ pounds of weight on your back. Those are the guys who tend to really smoke some events.

The last paragraph will be even more true at TBS.

CTE83

SemperGumbi said:
That said, it is even better of you could run like a 19:00 or so with 15+ pounds of weight on your back. Those are the guys who tend to really smoke some events.

Yeah, it doesn't take much weight to hurt a run time. I can run a 300 PFT, but add a light pack and I definitely notice a difference. It probably doesn't help that I'm 6ft tall and only weight 151 lbs :D

USMCRugger

I just ran a 262 PFT...19 Pull ups, 100 Crunches, 23 min run. One of my worst run times ever! I know I could do better, it just wasnt my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.