• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TOO MANY PILOTS IN THE NAVY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrntcat18

IS IT TRUE THAT THE NAVY DOESNT NEED ANYMORE PILOTS RIGHT NOW TILL ABOUT 2006? I RECENTLY SPOKE WITHA BDCP RECRUITER AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE NAVY IS STACKED WITH EM. AN INSIGHT TO THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

RobNLa

Frogfoot,
While it is true that pilot slots are extremely competitive right now, no one knows what the needs of the Navy will be in 2006. You recruiter is probably trying keep you from wasting your time. If you are set on flying for the Navy apply anyway. All they can do is tell you no.

av8tor

Currently the Navy is over manned with pilots. Although as the economy improves we will agin need to replenish the supply. Every three months begins a new fiscal quarter starting in October. At the beginning the community managers assess how many pilots, intel, swo's, etc. will be needed in the fleet. This is an inexact science - sometimes we overmann, while othertimes we undercut. So, to attempt an honest answer to your question - currently we are overmanned and are trying to attract college sophmores to fill future needs. By the time I send this this could all change - in aviation persistence and a strong stomach through the lean years always helps.

kgroove808

my reqruiter told me the same thing

"IS IT TRUE THAT THE NAVY DOESNT NEED ANYMORE PILOTS RIGHT NOW TILL ABOUT 2006? I RECENTLY SPOKE WITHA BDCP RECRUITER AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE NAVY IS STACKED WITH EM. AN INSIGHT TO THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED."-frogfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.