• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Too late in life to start as a USMC pilot?

Aeolos

All I can Add to this is that I went through TBS at 27 and just finished API at 28, I am married and I don't have any trouble as far as my age is concerned. No one ever talks about age and I am in better shape now then when I was 23. With your age you will have a the benefit of some life experiences to draw off of. At 27, you should not worry about age, but whether or not you have what it takes to make it through the program. Yes, it can be hard to be away from your family and you will have a lot to study (I am only a fraction of the way myself), but your family will benefit in a lot of ways from you being in the Marines, ie., health care, family support, financial stability the knowledge that your children will know you were an Officer of Marines and an aviator. If you are determined and your wife is supportive you can become a Marine Officer and an Aviator. If you take the risk I don't think you will regret it.

Reactions: E5B

theoldguy

Alright...I THINK I'm going to do it. I talked to the recruiter for about an hour, and I really think it will work out well for my family. Nothing's certain of course, and things always change, but my recruiter says he knows lots of pilots that spent minimal amount of time away from their family. Of course, he was clear that the needs of the Marines come first, and wars change everything, but there's choices I can make that make being close to my family more likely.

Thanks for everyone's help.

T-man

Best of luck bro, and keep us posted on your progress! And by all means, feel free to ask any more questions. Someone here is bound to have an answer or point you in the right direction. And maybe I'll see you in TBS / flight school somewhere down the road!