• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To Resolve the BAH on Boat Issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyrieEleison

Student NFO
I know we've touched on this a little in some other threads.. but does the navy really give BAH to us singles on the boat now?

I had talked to people in PSD and heard the contrary.. Just wondering if any of you can solve the mystery once and for all...

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Yes, bachelors DO get BAH on the boat. If you're married, then you get a little more and even more if you have kids. End of story!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't think your BAH changes with kids, just if you have dependents or not. If it did, then I've been getting the shaft. God knows, we shouldn't be paying servicemembers extra for getting married, much less encouraging them to have kids!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I know it does, but you said,"If you're married, then you get a little more and even more if you have kids." You only get one increase for having dependents. That could be a wife, but you don't get more on top of that for having kids, e.g. my BAH went up when I got married, but it didn't go up again when my son was born. If you're all hip and modern and have your kid before you get married, you get the raise for having a kid. You don't get another raise when you finally tie the knot. In my opinion that pay should stay the same regardless--you don't see any other gov't agency or business paying its people to have families.

petescheu

T/F - You have to have an address to receive BAH. ie you couldn't move out and put all your stuff in storage for 30 dollars a month and rake in the BAH... ?

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
One thing some guys did when my husband's squadron went on deployment, was to all "move into" one guy's apartment or house, then pay him a very small amount (if anything) to have their stuff there (or maybe they even put some in storage, I don't know). That way they didn't have a real "rent" payment but still got BAH when they were gone.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, you could, but that would be considered FRAUD. Core Values anyone?
ea6bflyr

shoo24 said:
T/F - You have to have an address to receive BAH. ie you couldn't move out and put all your stuff in storage for 30 dollars a month and rake in the BAH... ?

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
phrogdriver said:
knot. In my opinion that pay should stay the same regardless--you don't see any other gov't agency or business paying its people to have families.

By that rationale, the military should also make their BAH accountable as several (all?) other government agencies do...

Status
Not open for further replies.