• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To anyone who knows about anything

StorminNorman

Trying to hit the Dangerzone
Hey all,
If I were to apply for Marine OCS and look for a flight contract - How would I rank with these stats?
3.229 GPA, Communications Major
Minor in Arabic (Moderately Fluent)
48 - 5/5/4 ASTB
Advanced Open Water Diver
American Red Cross Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor
LOR's - 0-5 Navy, Some professors
Currently work for an Engineering Firm
Vars. Wrestler
Vars. Water Polo (High School, both)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
No one on here is going to be able to give you an answer for several reasons. You don't have a PFT score, we don't know when you would be applying, we don't know what sort of program you will be applying under. I am guessing by your "currently work for an Engineering Firm" that you will be going OCC, in which case things are fairly competitive and change almost constantly. Also air contracts seem to be getting harder to get as of late due to the number of people interested.

Only advice I can give you is that if you really want to become a Marine pilot then you are going to have to apply, sooner rather than later would probably be best as well.

speeddypat

None
hey stormin,
I'd say your stats look pretty good... your test scores are on the low end of the scale for a flight contract i think, i read your other post and the only thing i could say is to get the official sheet from your recruiter that NOMI has for you and see if they're are any discrepancies... just study a lot for the next test if you have to take it because if you get those up you should be competitive, let me know if you have any questions!

StorminNorman

Trying to hit the Dangerzone
I guess what your saying is the best possible thing for me to do is to contact an OSO, jump on the PFT, and see what's cooking on their end. Right?

pilot06

I'd say you need to talk to an OSO (Officer Selection Officer). Go on the net and see where they're located, then give them a call to set up an appointment.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
No matter what, just freaking apply. You'll never know for sure otherwise. If you get turned down, improve your app and try again. Also, if you have more specific questions about your app, PFT training, OCS, and so on, ask those too.

stevew

I don't think that for now you would even qualify for air as minimum scores for the ASTB are 6/4 and you have a 5/4 or 5/5. I have heard that you could get a waiver for it but you would have to speak to an OSO. And also like others are saying you would need a good PFT score as well as that is weighed heavily.

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
You should take the ASTB again after using the study guide on this board.

Your info says you are apply for the Navy ("Applying for BDCP SNA/SNFO/SWO"). Do you just want to fly and don't think the Navy will take you? Is there a Marine OSO in the recruiting office on Pensacola?