• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Titanium rods in my legs

James M.

EOU Future Pilot
So back in September 2012, I was in a horrible motorcycle accident. I broke both femurs half. As a result I have a titanium rod down the length of femur as well as multiple screw threw out my leg. Is this in any way going to stop me from being selected pending everything else is a go.

MasterBates

I got selected with a very similar amount of hardware (X-rays of my legs make me look like RoboCop), but it was 13+ years ago.

The big things that I had in my favor- Full range of motion, no structural deformity, and no strength issues.

exNavyOffRec

I would say the first thing going against you is how recent this was, in most cases there is a defined amount of time specified before a person will be considered for a waiver.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So back in September 2012, I was in a horrible motorcycle accident. I broke both femurs half. As a result I have a titanium rod down the length of femur as well as multiple screw threw out my leg. Is this in any way going to stop me from being selected pending everything else is a go.

Titanium rods in your legs...no....poor grasp on the English language and grammar...perhaps.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I had two 2.5" titanium screws put into my ankle Jan 2012, removed late Mar 2012, and was fully up and flying by late June of 2012. I no longer run for the APFT and do an alternate event. I was already an aviator with a good record, so the process was a little more predictable. It can be done, but it will take some persistence.

Fix your grammar and spelling. The little things and attention to detail make difference.