• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tinitus?

IronMaiden

Hello,

Well I've been in love with flying for as long as I can remember and I've been wanting to become a Marine Aviator since I was like 8. Right now I don't have any medical issues other than the ringing in my ears I got when I went to see Iron Maiden two nights in a row. I was just wondering if it would disqualify me at MEPS or something, It doesn't affect my hearing and I got used to it so I barely notice it. Am I screwed?

-Vince

Big Biff

Got Em
Hello,

Well I've been in love with flying for as long as I can remember and I've been wanting to become a Marine Aviator since I was like 8. Right now I don't have any medical issues other than the ringing in my ears I got when I went to see Iron Maiden two nights in a row. I was just wondering if it would disqualify me at MEPS or something, It doesn't affect my hearing and I got used to it so I barely notice it. Am I screwed?

-Vince

As long as you pass the hearing test which you should, you will be fine. Don't even think about mentioning tennitus. The hearing test is just a series of high tones that you will be able to hear over the ringing.

P.S.... Maiden rules

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Hello,

-Vince

Mention that the ringing in your ears is from a Maiden concert and you get to skip OCS/TBS and go directly to flight school:D

Seriously tho, the ringing in the ears doesn't matter so long as you can hear over them.

(oh and I hate you... two nights in a row? really?):p

edit: you need an avatar... this avatar
IronMaidenEddie8.jpg

IronMaiden

As long as you pass the hearing test which you should, you will be fine. Don't even think about mentioning tennitus. The hearing test is just a series of high tones that you will be able to hear over the ringing.

P.S.... Maiden rules

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

and hell yeah Maiden rules

IronMaiden

Mention that the ringing in your ears is from a Maiden concert and you get to skip OCS/TBS and go directly to flight school:D

Seriously tho, the ringing in the ears doesn't matter so long as you can hear over them.

(oh and I hate you... two nights in a row? really?):p

edit: you need an avatar... this avatar
IronMaidenEddie8.jpg

haha
well thanks for the info and the avatar suggestion.

and yeah two nights in Irvine, CA. It was awesome!!!

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
In high school I used to cruise around my Hometown in Rapid City SD while blaring "Run To the Hills":icon_smil

Does that make me a terrible person?

(anyone who has been to the west side of my state will understand)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FWIW, I have (had) it. It was worse in T-34s as an IP, but I don't notice it much now in -60s (unless I fly the T-34 a bunch in a week).

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I think AW is filled with Maiden fans. Which is awesome. Aces high...

Anyone else want to fly Ed Force One? About as badass as you can make a commercial airliner.
vxj13a.jpg

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Hello,

-Vince

It's possible the ringing will subside after a few days. Tinnitus....sometimes mine changes pitch. Drives me nuts.....I wish I could teach it to play a tune. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida would be nice....or Livingston Saturday Night.

Redux

In high school I used to cruise around my Hometown in Rapid City SD while blaring "Run To the Hills":icon_smil

Does that make me a terrible person?

(anyone who has been to the west side of my state will understand)

No but blasting "Born To Be Wild" would. :) Was there a better song for car blasting? Even A4's had it on his chariot.