• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Table???

Status
Not open for further replies.

flightpup

Getting ready to see my recruiter for the first time on Tues. No ROTC, no aviation background. Have always wanted to turn and burn though...Just curios, my recruiter said no openings for pilot, surface, sub...openings for NFO and supply, I'd take either one. Just curious what kind of time span everyone has seen from first application to OCS start date, lots to do b-4 it's go time....Thanks, this sight is the goods!!!

kn

Here's the timeline for me:

10/02 Application submitted
01/03 Professionally recommended for NFO
03/03 Accepted for NFO
05/03 Report to OCS

flightpup

Thanks for the reply KN. Just curious on your background and take on the whole process, testing probs, prt probs, lor probs anything that really delayed you at all or is this about average?? if you know...why nfo anyway?

flightpup

5/03 is alot like this month, right on...congrats and nothing but the best to you! Wish me a little good kharma to follow the same path!!!!!!

kn

I have a BS in Computer Science with a minor in Math (2.9 overall GPA). I took the ASTB once and got an OAR of 56. I think the passing score is around 45 but to be competitive, try to score at least 50. The only section of the test I had problems with was Apperception since I took it on a computer with an old and blurry monitor. My eyes got all watery after a few minutes.

As for the application process, it took kind of long for me since I put Crypto down as 1st choice and NFO as 2nd. Generally, Crypto and Intel boards take a good few months for the selection process. In my case, the Crypto board took about 3 months to reject my application, I think mainly because of my low GPA and the fact that my sister doesn't have U.S. citizenship. If you put NFO down as your 1st choice, depending on when the NFO board convenes, it now probably takes 2 or 3 months to get an answer from NRC. Why NFO? Well I would've gone for a pilot billet but I just turned 28 and the cutoff age for SNA is 27.

For the PRT, I didn't really have any problems, maybe except for my 1.5 mile runtime. I got 100 pushups, 73 situps and 11:05 for 1.5 mile run. That was back in Oct though. Now I can do 100/110/10:15.

Anyhow, your recruiter would have more information, I'm sure. Best of luck.

- Ken

PS: Yup I am to report to OCS in a couple weeks. The 18th is when all the "fun" begins for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.