• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

time on final selection

zarra182

Hey i got pro reced about a month ago and i was wondering if anyone could guess on how long they think it might take for me to find out. i know its a crap shoot but anything you give me will be helpfull

Kycntryboy

pilot
Might be waiting until the start of October, Thats when the new fiscal year for numbers start unless I am mistaking.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
Might be waiting until the start of October, Thats when the new fiscal year for numbers start unless I am mistaking.

You are mistaken. The BDCP numbers for 06 and 07 have been set and they have been filling those slots for many weeks. Still, it may be awhile, just not for the FY/new number reason.

gtg941f

pilot
wink said:
You are mistaken. The BDCP numbers for 06 and 07 have been set and they have been filling those slots for many weeks. Still, it may be awhile, just not for the FY/new number reason.

So I'm guessing now is as good as any for applying to FY07?

Personally I'm going for a summer 07 OCS class (SNA option). My application has been submitted, but my recruiter informed me that they won't be having a SNA board this September so I'll have to wait until October.

On a side note, we're both assuming that my packet should be accepted unless something strange occurs where they aren't accepting SNA positions right now. My scores were 67/8/9/9 and I'm an aerospace engineering student so academically I'm ideal.

oztin79

Before my selection notification six months ago, I came to this site to get as much reassurance as I possibly could as I waited, first for pro-rec, and then for final select. The waiting period is uncomfortable, but rest easy knowing that you put together a damn fine package for them and you had to be competitive to get this far. Now sit as easy as you can.

The truth, as far as I've been able to put together, is that however long the board takes in (1) making their selections and (2) publishing them are both on entirely unpredictable intervals. Some applicans reported 2 weeks while others reported up to 8 months (a horrific anomally, I hope). All in all, mine took about two months from pro-rec to final select and it seemed a lot longer. Either way, best of luck to the applicants!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gtg941f said:
On a side note, we're both assuming that my packet should be accepted unless something strange occurs where they aren't accepting SNA positions right now. My scores were 67/8/9/9 and I'm an aerospace engineering student so academically I'm ideal.
I have a feeling "they're" not going to be accepting SNA positions right now. You look like a good candidate for SWO, so I forwarded your IP address, email contact, and scores to my SWO contacts at Pers. You should be expecting a phone call soon.

gtg941f

pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
I have a feeling "they're" not going to be accepting SNA positions right now. You look like a good candidate for SWO, so I forwarded your IP address, email contact, and scores to my SWO contacts at Pers. You should be expecting a phone call soon.

haha, i'm scared!!! :eek:

nugget81

pilot
oztin79 said:
The truth, as far as I've been able to put together, is that however long the board takes in (1) making their selections and (2) publishing them are both on entirely unpredictable intervals.

I agree. I received a pro rec literally 1 day after submitting my package (much to my amazement), but it took several months before I received a final select. However, I had some special circumstances and I doubt that this occurs in normal practice. Regardless, plan on waiting...