• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
First of all, great website full of good gouge, I plan on telling everyone at my NROTC unit about it, that is after I blow them out of the water on the ASTB and have nothing to worry about, but I was wondering what exactly are the time limits for each section again? Also, I am graduating in May 2005, has anyone heard the slot situation as far as pilot and NFO for that fiscal year yet? I don't know if that info is out or not. Thanks a lot everyone.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
ASTB Time limits

Get your ASTB's out of the way ASAP b/c they're changing the test. My recruiter said that starting in late April/early May they're implementing the new exam, of which we don't have gouge for yet. So I can't emphasize enough the importance of taking the ASTB now. :icon_mi_1 As far as the slot situation for FY05, I hear it's much better than this past year... I'm putting my application in now and I'm due to graduate this summer. If I have to wait until 2005, that's fine with me though. As far as the test goes, I think the time limit for math/verbal is 35 minutes... it's not too bad. I had to rush a little towards the end, but if you go in prepared, the time limit isn't a huge deal. For spatial apperception, the time limit is 10 minutes and you have 35 problems. I can't remember what the limit is for Naval/Aviation history... I wanna say it was 10 or 15. Mechanical time limit wasn't very long either. The most pressing sections as far as time went for me were math/verbal and spatial apperception. The test takes about 2.5 hours because they make you take a couple of sections that aren't graded, but consist of biographical information. Overall, the test is not too bad at all. I started studying the gouge 2 days before I took the exam (Not because I'm slacker... because my recruiter called and said 'I need you to take the test in 2 days') and I got the second highest score my recruiter has ever seen, so if you go in prepared, you'll more than likely do just fine. Just remember to take it ASAP!!

~Crystal

mizzoufan

I am taking it next Friday, and haven't really started studying yet. My recruiter kinda pulled the same thing, but gave me just over a week. I am looking at a 2005 spot to if it is out there. The gouge on this website doesn't seem to have much verbal, but all math. How is that different on the actual test? Thanks and good luck to all

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
There are probably 5 or 6verbal questions on the entire test and they are very basic and easy. You really don't need to study much verbal. The questions deal with reading a small paragraph and answering questions regarding what you read.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
What, if any, is the main difference between form 1 and form 2? Which resembles the study guide on the website more? Also, how is the ARCO spatial section different than that of the actual test?

jburnes

the arco spatial section is pretty good compared to the real test...form 2 anyway...that's the one i took...that section isnt hard but if you stop to think about one of the pictures you're going to run out of time...

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Just went to the recuiter's office to take my PRT and they already have the new computer based test set up. I'm not sure if that means that they are giveing that one or not, but that's what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.