• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Frame TBS to Fleet.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
I'm wondering what the current time frame is for SNA's from TBS to getting out of the RAG. I've been told that the fastest an SNA can finish flight school in is about 13 months and the longest is about 24 months (depends on platform selected). From flight school the way I understand it you go to the RAG for your aircraft.

A few questions:
1. Is the 13-24 month time frame accurate?
2. How long is an avg stay in the RAG?
3. What is the avg wait from finishing TBS to starting flight school?
4. If I were to list the East coast on my dream sheet am I likely to get it? ie what % gets East coast (and jets :D )?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I couldn't find the answers by using the search function.

Thank you for any insight.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I'm wondering what the current time frame is for SNA's from TBS to getting out of the RAG. I've been told that the fastest an SNA can finish flight school in is about 13 months and the longest is about 24 months (depends on platform selected). From flight school the way I understand it you go to the RAG for your aircraft.

A few questions:
1. Is the 13-24 month time frame accurate?
2. How long is an avg stay in the RAG?
3. What is the avg wait from finishing TBS to starting flight school?
4. If I were to list the East coast on my dream sheet am I likely to get it? ie what % gets East coast (and jets :D )?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I couldn't find the answers by using the search function.

Thank you for any insight.

an 18 post count should be enough to have learned (by now) that what % is not funny any more..

shouldnt be long before nittany comes by with the pee pee schwack..

oh and let me turn on the broken record... "use the search function"

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
To give you an idea about the jet pipeline, most guys leave here at the ~2 year mark of flight school (advanced being a solid year if not slightly more). Throw another 6-8 odd months in for TBS before that, and then the RAG, you can see there is a considerable wait to get to the fleet. For other communities, pretty sure multiengine advanced (C-130 track) is still around 6 months to wings and friends from helo land of mine finished in about 8 months. Hope that helps

Raptor2216

I started TBS in march 2006...got my wings on may 8th 2009...that's just time spent in the pipeline with whatever slowdown that occurred. I didn't have any injuries or anything so there you go. I'm in the harrier RAG right now and I haven't flown since wining. I'll probably be done here june/july. That means It will take me a little over 4 years to hit the fleet. I'm just one example though.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Senior 1st Lt to about Junior Capt... all depends on when get to certain places and if there is a wait or not. Apply that logic to all your above questions and you can come up with the right answer.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
13 to 24 months works with no wait times. Add in a huge backup, budget issues, and some bad weather and it takes a long stinking time. I graduated TBS in January and today was my third day of primary. Most guys that I graduated TBS with haven't even started API.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
My timeline:
Chuck Co TBS = 5 Apr to 11 Oct 07
API (no IFS) = 26 Nov to 17 Jan 08
Primary = 4 Feb to 7 Aug 08
Advanced = 29 Sep to 28 Aug 09

Waiting to start the FRS on 7 Dec 09. The Harrier FRS is about a year so figure around Jan 2011 putting me at about 3 years 8 months from TBS to fleet (2 years 5 months to wings).

DevilDog9782

My example (Hornets):
TBS A Co (Nov 2005 - May 2006)
FRS (Jan 2009 - Present)

I should/might/hopefully will be in the fleet Jan/Feb 2010.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My Harrier Life:

Commissioned: May 02
TBS E Co: Jul 02 - Jan 03
IFS: Jan - Mar 03
API: Jun - Jul 03
Primary: Jul 03 - Mar 04
Advanced: Apr 04 - May 05
Harrier FRS: Jul 05 - Jul 06
Fleet: Aug 06 - Present

My first choice was Harriers (West) and I got it, so as far as I'm concerned, 100% get their coast/airframe choice.

Calcutta126

Gay guitar pickers don't turn me on
My timeline:
Chuck Co TBS = 5 Apr to 11 Oct 07
API (no IFS) = 26 Nov to 17 Jan 08
Primary = 4 Feb to 7 Aug 08
Advanced = 29 Sep to 28 Aug 09

Waiting to start the FRS on 7 Dec 09. The Harrier FRS is about a year so figure around Jan 2011 putting me at about 3 years 8 months from TBS to fleet (2 years 5 months to wings).

a friend of mine starts Harriers the same date in Cherry Pt... is that date where a big group of newbies start?