• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time for a little Recce Training

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, some Democratic event guy’s head should roll. And the retired 4 star is probably rightly pissed! But…….

Although I may have dozed through some recognition briefs, ("Kynda: Tits like Linda") I always thought that the Soviet Fleet ships “looked” more ominous and more formidable than our own. That is because they bristled with more weaponry.

A ship is a weapon platform. If you spend the time, money, and manpower in building one, there is more bang for the buck by putting a vast array of more and different weapons onboard. The Soviets loaded up with all kinds of various weapons while we were/are far more specialized.

Thus, when someone who knows no better wants to put up an impressive background, the old Soviet Fleet gets selected, regardless of their capability or its appropriateness.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm betting the staffer who made that has no clue, but his daddy is rich/powerful, so it's all good for him. Let's just make sure to play up the outraged military card while we can, okay? :rolleyes:

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm betting the staffer who made that has no clue, but his daddy is rich/powerful, so it's all good for him. Let's just make sure to play up the outraged military card while we can, okay? :rolleyes:
If that was in response to me:
No outrage here at all. I thought it was humorous... and understandable.

LET73

Eh, all this does is play into the existing narrative that the Democrats don't understand things military.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, all this does is play into the existing narrative that the Democrats don't understand things military.
Given the events of the past 10 or so years, do you think that narrative is still accurate?

LET73

Given the events of the past 10 or so years, do you think that narrative is still accurate?
Yes, but I wouldn't limit it to one political party. I think both parties are becoming increasingly disconnected from the military, which is a natural consequence of fewer Americans (i.e., voters) having military connections. Because of the two wars we've been involved in over the last 10 years, some lawmakers have been forced to gain a little more understanding, and I don't mean to make a blanket statement that "no politician understands the military." That said, I grew up with liberals who were and remain uncomfortable with the military, and would prefer not to have to think about it, so I do think there's some truth to the stereotype.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An interesting benefit of the period of war we've been through will be that more of the potential congressional talent pool will have experienced combat. It's obviously not to the scale or degree as happened after WWII, but I think we're already seeing some veterans from our generation enter the ranks on Capitol Hill.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor

“Due to vendor error, incorrect images appeared briefly on screen behind fifty-one veterans during the convention and the DNCC apologizes for this mistake,” according to a statement from the DNCC sent to the Navy Times.

Yes.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Vendor error? Yeah the vendor made an error but I think the DNCC is responsible for what they presented. The should have caught it. Instead they pass the blame. Can you image the response if the CO told the Admiral is was Seaman Smith's fault.

LET73

An interesting benefit of the period of war we've been through will be that more of the potential congressional talent pool will have experienced combat. It's obviously not to the scale or degree as happened after WWII, but I think we're already seeing some veterans from our generation enter the ranks on Capitol Hill.
True, and I'm glad to see it. Military service isn't the only or most important qualification for national office, but I think that our country can only benefit from having more politicians (and citizens) with that perspective, regardless of political affiliation.
Vendor error? Yeah the vendor made an error but I think the DNCC is responsible for what they presented. The should have caught it. Instead they pass the blame. Can you image the response if the CO told the Admiral is was Seaman Smith's fault.
I don't know; this seems more like blaming [other command] for screwing up, which is an easy way to try to dodge responsibility, and happens quite a bit. I agree, though; what showed up on the screen is the DNCC's responsibility.