• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tier 2 to Tier 3

SetSail

Has anyone been successful in changing their 4 yr NROTC scholarship from a Tier 2 major to a Tier 3? I would prefer to major in Political Science, but don't want to risk losing my scholarship. Any advice out there? Thanks in advance!

JhwK08

I know some people in my unit who have switched out of engineering into business, accounting, etc after their first semester or two. However, that was before the 85% tier 1 rule was announced.

Also, what's your current major and what year are you?

SetSail

I'm a college freshman with a proposed major of Biology. My weakness is Chemistry. My notification letter stated that my scholarship would be re-evaluated to change from Tier 2 to Tier 3. Thanks JHWK08! GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!!!

Aggie08

IFS complete, starting API June 26!
I don't know what you mean by tier 1 and tier 2, never heard those terms before. But I switched from full scholarship to advanced standing during my sophomore year so that I wouldn't have to take calculus and physics...couldn't pass the calculus...and they let me keep the tuition for the first two years. Is that what you are talking about?

SetSail

Apparently, the Navy now grants most of their scholarships to either Tier 1 - Engineering or Tier 2 - Science Majors. Tier 3 is all other majors, including Liberal Arts. I wonder if anyone has been able to switch their scholarship from a science major to a liberal arts major.

vulcanx

Banned
I thought that only goes into effect for scholarships awarded FY09.

You should be able to change if you are already in college.

Talk to your OI.