• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tie Cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I only just heard there's a tie cutting tomorrow for our squadron. It's off base at some pizza joint. I heard some talk about buying your onwing some booze, etc. What should I expect, meaning what am I going to have to know going into this?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
bring 1 dollar bills. The pizza there (if it is B&J's is real good). Find out what your on-wing wants to drink and buy a bottle of it (if you are the one getting your tie cut.)

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i hope you dont have a profile up on yahoo personals. If you do, skeds has found it and it may be up for show at your tie cutting...thats pretty much all they do all day.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bring a bottle of good booze that your onwing likes a gift for him/her. For example, I gave mine a nice bottle of Cardhu (I think I spelled that right) scotch, which he cracked open right there and we drank most of it. Not all guys do this, and you might want to be sure your onwing actually drinks, if not, cigars or something along those lines. You might have to tell a funny/embarrassing story about your onwing or your experiences with him/her, so think of something relatively entertaining. If it's out in town, find out if you're wearing bags or civvies, don't be the one guy that sticks out.

Watch out for the inevitable drunk ensign/2nd lt who boozes too much and decides to tell an instructor or 2 off. Seen it happen, never results in anything positive.

Oh yeah, bring a tie to have cut. The uglier the better.

Eagle32

I'm taking you to the looneybin.
zab1001 said:
Bring a bottle of good booze that your onwing likes a gift for him. For example, I gave mine a nice bottle of Cardhu (I think I spelled that right) scotch, which he cracked open right there and we drank most of it.

ZAB, isn't it a requirement to buy a bottle of Blue Label or Blanton's Bourbon for your onwing. I remember that. It might just be over at 28, that's it.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, the more expensive and impressive your onwing gift, the more likely it is you will have a 70 NSS or higher.

ATKINS OMELETTE

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
you get a neck tie cut when you solo in the T-34C. Your onwing cuts the tie, he keeps the part he cuts.

U provide booze... good booze if you liked your onwing... and well if you did not......

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tie Cutting is special. Especially if you have a good squadron that knows how to throw one. VT-2s were always awesome.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
"it IS all choker whites and dining outs"

LMAO!!!!
I am glad I am not the only one that hates that b1tch! My wife is now giving me **** about OCS. Thanks a lot lady.

~sorry for the jack

Status
Not open for further replies.