• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thread with "Cow" in it for actual meat conversation

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
A 4 Star Staff Sergeant Pilot with a Navy Cover fetish all because his hair is UnSat? I bet this one gets fed Fake Beef and it enjoys it. As if recruitment numbers aren't bad enough. https://thepatriotnation.net/what-they-are-planning-to-feed-our-navy-is-absolutely-sickening/
I don't think this will go over well judging by the fact that even during the pandemic when shelves were empty, the fake meat was left untouched. I remember how the crew on the PC nearly riotted when Cookie switched to turkey bacon one day, I can't imagine plant-based sludge burgers being popular on burger day.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Fake meat would have never made it past a workup let alone WESTPAC....not even WOG day could have summoned DJ to surface from the depths in order to eat that crap.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
First Jocko and now Joe Rogan? Think the AWs Mods might put you on super secret probation.
Oh, I’m sure I’m already on double probation.

But that was more a clip of Chris Kresser. If you don’t like the clip, here are non-Jocko and non-Rogan alternatives about how and why grassfed meat heals the planet while nourishing people far more efficiently and ethically than a vegan diet:

Soil Carbon Cowboys:

Sacred Cow:

Alan Savory Ted Talk:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Oh, I’m sure I’m already on double probation.

But that was more a clip of Chris Kresser. If you don’t like the clip, here are non-Jocko and non-Rogan alternatives about how and why grassfed meat heals the planet while nourishing people far more efficiently and ethically than a vegan diet:

Soil Carbon Cowboys:

Sacred Cow:

Alan Savory Ted Talk:
Lol, you disappeared along with another not-to-be-named-member for like 6 months and I thought you got the axe. Welcome back

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Fake meat is literally killing the planet and unhealthy for humans to consume.
Truth. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the anti-meat virtue signalling is a thing from the vegan pre-diabetic progressives. I have a few in my family who I love dearly, but apparently their view is "meat is killing the planet" and "you need to reduce your lifestyle", as they drive to Whole Foods in their Audi Q7's. Bill Gates is a proponent of insect protein to replace meat. Unbelievable.

Meanwhile my lunch is a Proper Human Diet of Ribeye and Eggs.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Truth. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the anti-meat virtue signalling is a thing from the vegan pre-diabetic progressives. I have a few in my family who I.live dearly, but apparently their view is "meat is killing the planet" and "you need to reduce your lifestyle", as they drive to Whole Foods in their Audi Q7's. Bill Gates is a proponent of insect protein to replace meat. Unbelievable.

Check out the materials I posted. Turns out, go figure, the optimal way to feed humans (ethically, environmentally, and nutritionally) is to have sun and rain grow grass, have a large ruminant eat that grass for a few years, and then murder that ruminant and feed humans not only its muscle meat but also organ meat (liver, heart, testes, etc).

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Truth. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the anti-meat virtue signalling is a thing from the vegan pre-diabetic progressives. I have a few in my family who I.live dearly, but apparently their view is "meat is killing the planet" and "you need to reduce your lifestyle", as they drive to Whole Foods in their Audi Q7's. Bill Gates is a proponent of insect protein to replace meat. Unbelievable.

But is it a grass-fed ribeye? On a serious note, if you're looking for grass-fed animal products, be aware that not everything labeled with "grass-fed" is fed nothing but grass. Like most food items, the FDA allows for beef to be called "grass-fed" while still having a portion of its diet derived from grain or other feed products. As I've been getting older, I care more and more about what I put in my body and have found that for taste and overall quality, organic and "free range" products are better. YMMV of course.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
But is it a grass-fed ribeye? On a serious note, if you're looking for grass-fed animal products, be aware that not everything labeled with "grass-fed" is fed nothing but grass. Like most food items, the FDA allows for beef to be called "grass-fed" while still having a portion of its diet derived from grain or other feed products. As I've been getting older, I care more and more about what I put in my body and have found that for taste and overall quality, organic and "free range" products are better. YMMV of course.
Also, most beef that is not labeled grassfed is in fact likely fed grass for the first 90% of its life and is only fed grain to fatten it up in the last 10% of its life. If you can’t find grassfed where you live, or can’t afford it, then regular USDA beef is probably still a decent option.