• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This set of medals beats your sets of medals

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
daly_medals.jpg

No "Gold star in lieu of second award" ?

History:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Daly

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I wonder if the order makes an exception for the Medal of Honor, or if there is one of those unwritten rules for it? I do believe that there wouldn't be a soul who would question it though.

I had a CWO3 in my enlisted days who was adamant that the order stated that a gold star MAY be worn in lieu of subsequent awards, but did not require it. I think all the SgMajs, living and dead, went into seizures every time my OIC wore medals.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the Army uniform regs state that it's an oak leaf cluster for subsequent awards of the MoH. Not sure about the Navy/MC.

I think it's safe to say, though, that if you have two MoHs, you can wear whatever the fuck you want.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Unfortunatly in todays world some pointy head would make noise about him only having 3 Good Conduct medals................And the SgtMaj still wouldn't care!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
What? Oh that? That's just the Navy Cross I use to haul around all my Medals of Honor.

Renegade One

None
Just before history rolls over it...bottom left ribbon is the Haitian Campaign Medal. Two early 20th century periods of eligibility during "The Banana Wars". I was in a position on the USACOM Staff during the planning and execution for the third Haitian Vacation in 1994. Tried to get a "third eligibility period" established so we could resurrect/re-issue this old medal, just because I thought the history was appropriate. Got turned into eligibility for something else...AFEM as I recall. May have been something else.
"The Army rejected it, of course, but GODDAM...it was beautiful!"

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Just before history rolls over it...bottom left ribbon is the Haitian Campaign Medal. Two early 20th century periods of eligibility during "The Banana Wars". I was in a position on the USACOM Staff during the planning and execution for the third Haitian Vacation in 1994. Tried to get a "third eligibility period" established so we could resurrect/re-issue this old medal, just because I thought the history was appropriate. Got turned into eligibility for something else...AFEM as I recall. May have been something else.
"The Army rejected it, of course, but GODDAM...it was beautiful!"

Little nuggets of history like this are why I love this site.

Renegade One

None
I bet he was rolling over in his grave knowing he missed WWII. What an incredible career!
Well, he could certainly be proud of helping to forge the Marine Corps that went to the Pacific...lot of his DNA in that (and today's) organization.