• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This place sucks ass.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Hell, we're single guys in the Fleming Island area of Jax and having a blast. Yeah, South Side has a lot of stuff closer to it and most of the girls I meet are out there, but we've got a good deal going on here.

WEGL

Yea, just commenting on the fact that Meridian sucks ass. So how's Lemoore/Whidbey/Oceana for night life/life in general? I hear Lemoore is non-existent.

I figured the OP was talking about NMM when I read the title. On the subject of RAG locations, since I haven't had any luck searching, is MCAS Beaufort an option for Navy guys? I know Miramar is....

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Yea, just commenting on the fact that Meridian sucks ass. So how's Lemoore/Whidbey/Oceana for night life/life in general? I hear Lemoore is non-existent.
It iswhat you make of it, and from most of the corpus guys I talked to krock isnt any better. Go to pcola and new orleans on the weekends and you wont mind this place that much, or just go helos or p-3s and your problem is solved:D.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I figured the OP was talking about NMM when I read the title. On the subject of RAG locations, since I haven't had any luck searching, is MCAS Beaufort an option for Navy guys? I know Miramar is....
There is no RAG at MCAS Beaufort. VFA-86 is however located there but rumored to be going to Lemoore in the future.

yes and no. Beaufort Navy squadron VFA-86 is now attached to CVW-11 (west coast CAG) and a fleet squadron. So yes you can get Beaufort after FRS. And it is a good deal IMOA. Only Navy squadron on base, great flying, no drysuits, area not too bad either. Latest MAP has them staying in Beaufort.

On a side note, nice profile picture...considering I took that picture in my fleet tour in 2001. ;)

WEGL

yes and no. Beaufort Navy squadron VFA-86 is now attached to CVW-11 (west coast CAG) and a fleet squadron. So yes you can get Beaufort after FRS. And it is a good deal IMOA. Only Navy squadron on base, great flying, no drysuits, area not too bad either. Latest MAP has them staying in Beaufort.

On a side note, nice profile picture...considering I took that picture in my fleet tour in 2001. ;)

Yeah, never did like that pic :D

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Each place is what you make of it. Lemoore, while being blisteringly hot, dry, dusty, and constantly smelling like cows, was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I enjoyed my time. Granted, this largely depends on the people you are flying with and what you like doing in your free time. Plenty of hiking, national parks, and coastal towns are within an easy drive for a weekend.

fox2102

I live in livingston, AL which is about 30 minutes from meridian and i would agree that Meridian sucks... Tuscaloosa isnt bad and birmingham can be entertaining except the road layout in birmingham is just retarted...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I live in livingston, AL which is about 30 minutes from meridian and i would agree that Meridian sucks... Tuscaloosa isnt bad and birmingham can be entertaining except the road layout in birmingham is just retarted...

Nah, it's really quite simple.

navyterp67

pilot
And Lemoore? You must have not been to that Mexican restaurant El Tarasco yet. Right in heart of greater downtown Lemoore, just over the tracks. Good stuff.

I used to live there as well because my dad was stationed there.

By far, the best Mexican restaraunt I have ever been to is Senor Pancho's in Lemoore. I have never found anything that comes close to it. If any of you get "stuck" in Lemoore, you have to try this place. Great food, really nice people, and not dirty or questionable like those taco trucks on the sides of the roads there :eek:

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Lemoore isn't too bad. I live an hour north of lemoore and there are plenty of good bars up in here in Fresno. Some of the clovis ones are ok. Except Old Town Saloon is kind of a big high school reunion every weekend, but the beer is pretty cheap so that's a plus:D

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
One man's shithole is another man's paradise.
Word +1

Ever been to Enid, America? We have friends that went Enid -> K'ville -> Meridian
You think your stations suck? Try that compilation of shit.

Try this on for size. We HATED JAX and P'cola the first time we lived there (both cities). We have lived in both cities again (currently in JAX) and love both of them now.

It's all about perspective. At least you're not getting fed government supplied sand for $0.35/day per-diem (yet).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm a fan of Jax..and I think you have to love PCola if you're in this business, or to quote CAPT Ramsey of Crimson Tide fame "You should have joined the Air Force."

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
One of Pickle's classmates in the other flight in Enid. I don't remember why he went to Meridian (as opposed to staying in Kingsville). I'll check with Pickle when he gets back from Norfolk, picking up the crew of a dead P3.

I'll let you know, crabby.