• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things to Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I think the tests are every 4 days or so, but not too sure. I think the first one I took was on Mon of the second week, then the next one on Thur or Fri. In any case, you're all done with the tests in 4 weeks, cause the last 2 weeks are the "fun" stuff like redneck parasailing.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I think the test schedule goes Monday, Thursday, Monday, Friday, Tuesday, Friday (from Monday of week 2 to Friday of week 4).

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ok, you people are worrying WAY too much about API

chill out.... cross that bridge when you get to it and have fun when you can

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
squeeze said:
ok, you people are worrying WAY too much about API

chill out.... cross that bridge when you get to it and have fun when you can

YOU BET YOUR SPAM! I guess I'm worried about the academics only because of how much material is fed to you in such a short time. Aerodynamics and all that other junk we'll have to learn just seems overwelming. I dunno..... :(

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
But see the aerodynamics are so dumbed down, that they're not even accurate. API may seem like a lot of material at first, but it's really not that difficult. I remember being told that you should study 20-25 hours per subject. I also remember spending 15 hours or so the first week on one subject. By the final test I think I had covered all of that subject's material and then some over a total of 2 hours.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I just finished up the 4 weeks of academics and I'll tell you that its not near as hard as people make it out to be. I agree completely with the last statement in that many of it is "dumbed" down to make it as easy as possible. Traditionally, the ones who have the most difficulty are the aeronautical engineers and the like who overthink the test questions.

If you just study what they give you and try not to read too much into stuff, you'll be just fine. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.