• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things to do in Vance

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Any good bars or fun places to hang out here?

I've done a little driving around and haven't seen much. At least Pensacola had all the hole in the wall bars on the side of road, but I haven't even noticed much of that down here.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Callahans in "downtown" enid, Crappies a little further down the road into "downtown", and Scooters out on 81 are all you have. Make sure military people are still allowed to go there, and don't go in a group smaller than three. Locals aren't particularly friendly in the nid.

Also, None of these bars are particularly good. Callahans is the lesser of the oklahoma evils.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
There is a really good Italian food joint downtown (off of Randolph St. I think) called Napoli's. The guys that work there are Romanian but they make the best food!

There is usually something redneck going on out at the fairgrounds/expo center (car races on Saturday, rodeo's, etc.) If you will be there through the winter the duck/goose hunting is pretty good out by Drummond (west of town)

I think of Crappies/Scooters/callahans I liked Scooters the best...but I am kind of a hick. There is a restaraunt out just North of the racetrack (right at VFR entry for 17L) I can't remember the name but I'm sure any IP can tell you they have the best breakfast food.

Oh...and there are like 5 Sonic's in town...go to the one by Wal-Mart, it's the best.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Wichita is a pretty good time, OKC, Stillwater are all pretty good too. And when I don't know where to go....I always start with a titty bar, and Enid has one if not two.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
And when I don't know where to go....I always start with a titty bar, and Enid has one if not two.

You can never go wrong with that, I have found that plan works no matter where you go, and as such it was the first thing I did the first night I went out when I got to south texas.:)

S3b_viking

There's that pretty good aviation bar just south of the Expo Center and by the race track. They've got some good prime rib and are very friendly to military. Can't remember the name right now... The O'Club has the best prices in town and if you can go there with a bunch of your buddies it's not bad.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
There is a restaraunt out just North of the racetrack (right at VFR entry for 17L) I can't remember the name but I'm sure any IP can tell you they have the best breakfast food.

It's called "We Too". Great place to get breakfast. Has anyone ever been to Costello's? My wife and I ate there everyonce in awhile. It was actually pretty fine dining for Enid, Oklahoma.

If you like shooting, you should go check out Mr. Quier's shooting range in North Enid, and prepare to be entertained. The guy is a complete fruit loop. Have fun.

http://www.boston.com/travel/articles/2005/11/20/at_close_range_a_day_in_enid/
http://www.boston.com/travel/gallery/Enid_Oklahoma?pg=7

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Thanks guys. So it sounds like there isn't anything similar to Pensacola's finest: Seville and Florabama. Is that correct?

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
My opinion is that Kingsville is worse than Enid. But I am from the midwest, so maybe I'm biased. Kingsville is a smaller town than Enid and it seems there is less to do here and less places to eat. The only thing I like about Kingsville is that Corpus is pretty close. But with gas as high as it is, I try to limit my trips up there. I hate the oppressive heat here in Kingsville too.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Has anyone ever been to Costello's? My wife and I ate there everyonce in awhile. It was actually pretty fine dining for Enid, Oklahoma.

Yeah... Costello's was OK. I liked the Sushi place out on Garriot... on the way to WalMart... in a little strip-mall on the south side, forget the name.

Had decent Japanese food for a redneck town.

As for other things to do there... Crappies was popular with my class... I went to the other two bars once each, but nobody was ever there... and/or Scooter's was just, not fun.

I spent a lot of time driving to OKC or wandering WalMart trying to kill time.