• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things to do in Meridian, MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandi

SNA wife
We have been in Meridian for 9 months now and I am really running out of things to do. So I thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone out there who is in Meridian or has been here has any ideas. I feel like I have done it all over and over and over again. Maybe I just have a short attention span!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get out of town. As much as possible. I just visited Jackson for real this weekend and it's not bad at all. The Capitol area is very nice. Watch your back (like any city), but there are plenty of decent restaurants there.

Pick up something outdoorsy to do. Lord knows there is plenty of that in this area.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
The HoJos and Midtown are nice, but after half a presidential administration, you'll be wanting to get out of town for a little bit, so break out the map and take a road trip!

Midtowne I find disappointing, but it's pretty much the only game in town. I still won't go to HoJos.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, if you've been to the nicer restaurants in Penscola (Fish House, Dharma Blue), Jackson has stuff like that.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Correct me if I'm wrong...but have you tried the Waffle House downtown at 3 am? Always pure entertainment.
Cheers,
G

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Done the philly thing, that's good for one weekend a month (or reserve duty as I call it). I guess if you like outdoorsy stuff there is oaktibbee(?!?) lake, and dalewood. you probably knew that having been here a while. umm, yeah, so what IS there to do here?

do you work?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ENSsquid said:
Done the philly thing, that's good for one weekend a month (or reserve duty as I call it). I guess if you like outdoorsy stuff there is oaktibbee(?!?) lake, and dalewood. you probably knew that having been here a while. umm, yeah, so what IS there to do here?

do you work?

Camping, fishing, hunting, etc. Plenty of that here.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
It ain't much better than Kingsville....we got a Chili's....and The Luau...and The K...and.....thats it....Corpus isn't much better and is a drive...

Brandi

SNA wife
So pretty much what I'm getting out of this is that I really have done all there is to do here. Done the philly thing prolly 10 times. Have been camping at Okatibee a couple times. I golf about 3 times a week. And to whoever asked , yes I do have a job. I have been to waffle house, but not at 3 in the morning.....I will have to try that. I go to midtown quite often, but I get really tired of that scene. ANd I have been to HoJo's, but I don't think I will be going again. Last time I was there a lesbian started grinding on me even though my husband was dancing with me. I'll pass! One thing I haven't done is take a trip to Atlanta. That is definitely something I want to do before we leave here.

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
Tornado season is upon the Midwest, maybe go storm chasing? Don't know if your into that, but I've always wanted to do it!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Watch the "Black Widow" swimming and sunning herself by the pool at the Stratford Arms (Manor? used to be the maximo-apartment for STUDs and Instructors).

bb8db.jpg
Just the mere sight of the "Widow" turned boys into men and then back again ..... :) .... hmmmmm ..... wonder what ol' Cheryl is doing these days ???

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Watch the "Black Widow" swimming and sunning herself by the pool at the Stratford Arms (Manor? used to be the maximo-apartment for STUDs and Instructors).

bb8db.jpg
Just the mere sight of the "Widow" turned boys into men and then back again ..... :) .... hmmmmm ..... wonder what ol' Cheryl is doing these days ???

She's playing bingo at the retirement apartments. sorry I just had to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.