• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

They Fixed SWO Culture!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Worked for that CSG previously, when he was Captain of the Truman, he was pretty “by the book” and really listens to input from his JAG. Being a V-2 Divo, we interacted in the Article 15 realm nearly weekly. I had some cases that I thought were slam-dunk (Sailor buying motorcycle, not doing classes, wrecking said motorcycle after signing page 13 saying he wouldn’t drive it without the classes, damaging government property in the form of his body...) get dismissed on very technical decisions, and I had some that I thought were going away get the full meal-deal.

He put one of my Arresting Gear guys on three days bread/water for missing restriction muster 3X underway (same guy in motorcycle incident, different incident)...

I have a feeling that if RDML Scholl went through the effort to relieve this Captain, it was for good reason.

Still makes for sensational news for Navy Crimes, but that’s all they do...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Inclined to agree if this is literally the only thing making it’s way to paper. But also weird...why is the CSG firing him? DESRON can fire a DDG CO, there seems to be some messaging in that as well.
On the aviation side, it's usually the CSG vice CAG - especially when deployed.