• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the wine taster

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
View attachment 10235View attachment 10236View attachment 10237

ROFLMAO flaps...Best on AW in a quite a while! Speaking of fine wines, reminds me of a small nearby (Paso Robles) Winery I discovered a few monts ago. Called Bella Luna Winery, it is co-owned by ex-USN Vietnam era Phantom Driver, Sherman Smoot (Catmando, know him?). One of his premium offerings is called "Fighter Pilot Red", a fine red Zinfandel. I e-mail ordered two bottles and shared tasting one of them w/ my boys. Excellent, but pricy @ $34 p/b for other than special occasions. Another plus, is that Sherm makes a donation to the Tailhook Assn. Education Fund for each bottle sold. The 2nd bottle js reserved for permanent display on my "I Love Me Altar", because of it's unique "distinguished" label!

Bella Luna also sent me two neat Fighter Pilot ballcaps which I dare not wear (an attack puke wearing that hat, would be akin to a Nugget sporting an unearned Silver Star...!| ;) So Catmando, flaps, or any other of you fighter pukes, are welcome to one or both caps gratis.

I wonder if that sodden old Marine A-4 driver is now the Wine Taster at Bella Luna??? :p
BzB
I'll have to check it out. Tobin James in Paso Robles had a whole section of their building covered in Navy pictures, mainly VFA stuff but neat none the less.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
BzB,

Thanks for the reminder. I need to order some from Bella Luna to go along with the scotch and cigars when I finish moving into my new apartment. Maybe I should have gone with the combination wine rack - humidor...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 10235View attachment 10236View attachment 10237

ROFLMAO flaps...Best on AW in a quite a while! Speaking of fine wines, reminds me of a small nearby (Paso Robles) Winery I discovered a few monts ago. Called Bella Luna Winery, it is co-owned by ex-USN Vietnam era Phantom Driver, Sherman Smoot (Catmando, know him?). One of his premium offerings is called "Fighter Pilot Red", a fine red Zinfandel. I e-mail ordered two bottles and shared tasting one of them w/ my boys. Excellent, but pricy @ $34 p/b for other than special occasions. Another plus, is that Sherm makes a donation to the Tailhook Assn. Education Fund for each bottle sold. The 2nd bottle js reserved for permanent display on my "I Love Me Altar", because of it's unique "distinguished" label!

Bella Luna also sent me two neat Fighter Pilot ballcaps which I dare not wear (an attack puke wearing that hat, would be akin to a Nugget sporting an unearned Silver Star...!| ;) So Catmando, flaps, or any other of you fighter pukes, are welcome to one or both caps gratis.

I wonder if that sodden old Marine A-4 driver is now the Wine Taster at Bella Luna??? :p
BzB

Damnit, where was this info when I was in Paso Robles doing the whole Sideways thing a couple weeks ago...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damnit, where was this info when I was in Paso Robles doing the whole Sideways thing a couple weeks ago...

Just google 'Bella Luna Winery' and check out their website. You can order on line as I did. I plan on driving up there from SanDogg in the near future, to meet Sherm and enjoy a bit of tasting.
BzB