• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THE VP DEBATE: Thursday Night Fights, Round 1 ... WHO "WON" .. ???

Win, Lose, or Draw ... Who's your "Daddy"???

• Senator Biden

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Governor Palin

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Neither won ... it's a draw

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T.Mellon

Banned
Right ... but not the 5 time Vietnam deferment (a record which ties the current VP), bad day hair transplant recipient, serial plagiarizer ... yes ??? :) The guy who has been in Congress forever and yet nobody cares ... he doesn't use talking points, does he .... ???

Politicians don't use talking points .... do they??

I love the thought processes of some of you guys ... :D

I choose substance over form.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Laying out quantitatively McCain's voting history is a "yawn"? Yes, granted, Obama doesn't have much of a history to go on, but Biden definitely presented a stronger case by drawing on McCain's record.
Biden didn't "lay out McCain's voting history." A bill in the Senate is rarely focused on just one issue. To accuse a Senator of voting for/against something out of context of what the bill fully does is useless, but it sure makes for good soundbyte politics.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As compared to doing harm, like Obama will, that was my point. But now that you mention it, doing no harm is the standard for a VP candidate.

Well, we will agree to disagree.

She was chasing scholarships and working her way through college. Changing schools does not reflect on her intelligence, the point being debated, nor truly the quality of the education or the value she gained from it.

At community colleges?

No, not really. But I don't know anyone who went to that many schools.

Never said they were supposed to. But it is demonstrably so that most DEM interviews are not as hard ball as she got. She should have done better. But it hasn't been fair.

Do you realize that Couric asked the same questions of Senator Biden as she had of Governor Palin in the second interview, including the Supreme Court question? Even Bernie Goldberg said the questions were fair and not 'gotcha'.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
She was chasing scholarships and working her way through college. Changing schools does not reflect on her intelligence, the point being debated, nor truly the quality of the education or the value she gained from it.

I find it deliciously ironic that the same folks who demean the media and journalism are so quick to jump to the defense of a lady with a journalism degree. :icon_wink

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I find it deliciously ironic that the same folks who demean the media and journalism are so quick to jump to the defense of a lady with a journalism degree. :icon_wink

Hey! Both my parents have journalism degrees!!:icon_tong

Then again, I wouldn't want my parents to be president...:icon_wink

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I find it deliciously ironic ....

Well you miss the point. She obviously saw the light and rather than roll around in the dirt with the rest of the media, she took up an honourable profession - Politics.:tongue2_1

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rather than type up something that no one will read, I happened to find a graphic that summed up it pretty well.

debate.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I choose substance over form.

And you're talkin' .... Biden??? I.e., The Great Senator of Substance from the 49th smallest state in the Union ... ??? The guy who, when unscripted, uttered these time-honored immemorial quotes of "substance" (just a small sampling, as he comes from a small state): :)

"I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

"I know a lot of my opponents out there say I'd be a great Secretary of State. Seriously, every one of them. Do you watch any of the debates? 'Joe's right, Joe's right, Joe's right."

"Joe's right"?? He placed 5th in the Iowa caucuses, getting less than 1% of the democrat state delegates. That's what the Dem's REALLY think about him ... :)

And regarding his newest, best friend, Senator Obama?

"I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

And of course, this priceless monument to his "manic-obsessive running of the mouth." (that quote by Richard Cohen, Washington Post):

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man."

He was a major mover/proponent of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, which included:

1. The unconstitutional Federal Assault Weapons Ban that we all knew & loved ....
2. "Provided" for "100,000 more cops on the streets" -- except most municipalities couldn't afford them and they were "let go" after the Federal pump-prime money dried up ....
3. Eliminated higher education for incarcerated felons ... just let 'em lift weights, instead, huh ???

You mean THAT kine' "substance", ya, Bruddah ??? :):sleep_125

Personally, I'll take 'em both: substance & form. But then, doing that would effectively eliminate Joe Biden from any consideration in my vote.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't demean the media. They serve a crucial role in our democracy. I do frequently find reason to criticize some in the media. And by all means it isn't all about politics. The crucial role the media plays in a free society has been compromised by mediocrity, sometimes bias and rarely, but notably, fraud. That deserves criticism.

In any case, I wasn't defending her journalism degree. I was defending her intelligence. Which, to follow up on what The Chief said, was proved when she left journalism. ;)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Ohhhh gee golly it's just swell then dontcha know betcha gotcha Charlie.

:D

edit: gee golly wilikers *bats eyelashes*

Shit m0t, that's how yer neck of the woods talks! I don't see being from the northern plains and talking like an avid reader of Dr. Vernes "Northern White Trash Etiquette" as a negative...I know the East Coasters think everyone in the country is dumberer than them, but I would beg to differ...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1583485422/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Shit m0t, that's how yer neck of the woods talks! I don't see being from the northern plains and talking like an avid reader of Dr. Vernes "Northern White Trash Etiquette" as a negative...I know the East Coasters think everyone in the country is dumberer than them, but I would beg to differ...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1583485422/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

I don't know any native Michiganders that talk even remotely as folksy as she does. There is a certain Michigander-esque twang but it's not nearly as annoying as that Minnesota thing she's got going.

I sure as hell don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.