• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The ultimate price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyLonghorn

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

Look at every face, read every name. I thank them all for what they gave.

andrew@itmpl.com.au

Not many Officers in that list. The lower ranks sure do get hit hard don't they...

I just thank God (even though I'm an atheist...work that one out) that no Australian's were killed or even injured. Especially by Blue on Blue contacts.

However, one member of the SAS did give his life in the Middle East.

RobNLa

NavyLonghorn,

Thank you for the reality check. That makes all my problems seems petty and really puts things into perspective for me.

riley

Just a thought on atheism.....

Face to face with raw and naked evil, our relativism, nonjudgmentalism, and even atheism count for nothing. Absolute evil calls for absolute judgment. Instinctively and intuitively, we cry out for the unconditional to condemn evil unconditionally. The atheist who lets fly “Goddamnit!” in the face of clear evil is right, not wrong.

Those heroes on that website were there for good to fight evil. And I thank God that they had the moral courage to serve and, in the end, give their lives. I pray that one day I can have that courage, to stand for all that is right and fight against all that is evil and if necessary, give my life, for something greater than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.