• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The things I do

Just had surgery today to remove 6 pins from my jaw so I could join the Marines. Hope it is worth it, cause I feel like someone just jammed a big pvc pipe through my jaw. yay pvc pipe....

nublett

Been there, done that.
Goose, that sounds like something a Marine would do; the dedication paired with pain. Honestly, I could never be a Marine. I give 'em their props.

thanks guys, I should be fully healed in a couple weeks. As long as the rest of my medical stuff goes through I should be able to goto PLC Juniors-2nd inc. this summer in july. Can't freaking wait. The pins were in my jaw back behind my jaw muscule because I had orthodontic jaw surgery and my chin was too short. The doc said that my teeth might fall out if I don't get my bite corrected, so 3 years of braces and one painful surgery later I had 6 pins put in - that was in 2004. I just got them out yesterday. I look like a damn chipmunk that met the wrong end of baseball bat :fight_125

The pins could have stayed in for the rest of my life, but my OSO told me that they will have to be removed before I can join.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I think that the Marine Corps is anti-pins-in-anything. One of my friends just got discharged right after boot camp because of pins in his knee that he had a waiver for. So getting them out was probably a smart bet if this is what you really want to do. Hope the healing goes along quickly.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Brett327 said:
Nor could I, as I generally frown upon stealing.

Brett

Maybe if we got more than 6 cents out of every DoD dollar we wouldn't be so skilled in the Art of Institutional Theft

:)

Or maybe we are all just kleptos

OH yeah get this. They gave me a "jaw bra" its a neat little thing that hold icepacks up to your jaw to keep the swelling down. They said I was getting a "bra" and I almost flipped, "like what the **** for?" but then they explained, and laughed about it.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
goosegagnon2 said:
OH yeah get this. They gave me a "jaw bra" its a neat little thing that hold icepacks up to your jaw to keep the swelling down. They said I was getting a "bra" and I almost flipped, "like what the **** for?" but then they explained, and laughed about it.

Ha-ha! You have to wear a bra!

[/immaturity]