• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SWO Picture Gallery for those so inclined

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
A little SWO trivia, something I just learned...

What US Navy ship (only one to my knowledge) has a permanent navigator station that is reserved only for a Royal Navy officer..

- Rep to the person who gets it right.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Shack...but I'll give rep to someone else who decided not to click the link as well. Once.

"One ping only Vasilly"

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Which DDG has an agreement for having a French Nav?

I'm guessing I could find out by seeing which destroyer throws up the white flag or plots a course away from the fight first, in our next sea engagement!

I kid.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yes, Flash gets it (so did M26). The USS Winston S. Churchill. I found that out today talking to a friend who is currently assigned to her.
I wonder if we have something like that..but the other way around?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'd much rather name a U.S. warship Churchill than some other of OUR pols that we've named ships after lately... like SSN-23 maybe.

navy09

None
I'm guessing I could find out by seeing which destroyer throws up the white flag or plots a course away from the fight first, in our next sea engagement!

I kid.

Say what you will about France in general. Their Navy has had a lot of good press for their vigilance in anti piracy realm. They don't seem to fvck around...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure. When you need unarmed hippies or malnourished third-world gangsters sunk, burned or taken as a prize...vive le France!

CAMike

None
Contributor
I'd much rather name a U.S. warship Churchill than some other of OUR pols that we've named ships after lately... like SSN-23 maybe.

Naming a ship after a submariner is one thing but why we named one after Jimmy Carter is simply bizarre. (see my post about FFG design debauchery a few months ago during the Carter administration). Yes I know he was a nuke but he was also a very ineffectual President.

You youngin's just wait for the USS Obama that will likely arrive around 2020- maybe it will be a $1B Aegis harbor tug in Norfolk.

Uhg. How does it go? "I weep for..."