• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Summer Cruise 09 Thread.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The two aviation-cruise mids in my unit just got their orders today. One is going to VFA-122 and the other is going VP Hawaii.

Interesting to see that it's not just helo slots being offered (no offense to helo bubbas here).

Kyoowashugi

Not a NROTC guy here but I figured I'd post anyway - I got Block I (which, I assume is your guys' phase I - it's late May through mid June) at HSL-44 out of Mayport. I'm pretty pumped.

Anyone else going to be in that squadron or in Mayport during that time?

I'll be in Mayport on a surface cruise with a unit buddy.

Vidofnir

Fly Delta Jets
pilot
Sooo I got HSC-2 in Phase II.

Not sure what that means. But at least its aviation!

Unfortunately, ATG lost my swim qual (again) so before I can do survival school I have to yell at them about it.

navy09

None
Changed to HSL in Japan now... really stoked. Any gouge? Easy to see the sights?

There are multiple threads about stuff to do in Japan. I was only in Yoko for a night, we took the train into Tokyo- f'n awesome. Have fun.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Changed to HSL in Japan now... really stoked. Any gouge? Easy to see the sights?

My classmate did HSL-51 last summer and he had a blast. Besides flight time, he got to hang out with the pilots all over Japan and even took a weekend to hop on over to Korea and visit the DMZ.

Edit: Just talked to classmate, he says watch out for the "Ambiguously Gay Duo" at -51, whatever the hell that means.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
For the record, the Mids I am with and I are all having an awesome time with HSL-44.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Just got back from a Block 0 Aviation Ashore cruise with VFA-211 in Oceana. Flew twice w/ VFA-106. Six weeks of leave, and then PROTRAMID East.

Been a great summer thus far!

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
Just got back from a Block 0 Aviation Ashore cruise with VFA-211 in Oceana. Flew twice

I am learning how much funding and flight hours squadrons have... but am also having a great time. It's great being out of the ROTC nonsense and in the real Navy for a bit. My NROTC turned into a SWO factory for the last year... so for all of the disenchanted freshman/sophomores/juniors... there is light at the end - and it is glorious. Deep down, though, I have to come to grips with having to give back a flight suit for another year of khakis.

JhwK08

Does anyone who requested 3rd phase West Coast Surface Nuke know when/where their cruise is yet? (2/c)