• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Steve Wilkins Memorial Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) Thread

gotta_fly

pilot
I had a power school instructor who told us a story about how his aviator roommate on the CVN got mad and yelled at him when the instructor was racked out after 3 hours of sleep because he was "making too much noise" while getting dressed and disturbing the aviator's 10 hours of rack time.

Sounds like that instructor was being pretty rude. :D

SWO uniforms are so dorky and flight suits + brown shoes are the shiznit because that's what the cool kids do...

True, although not at the same time.

Then again, what do I know? I try my very hardest not to land on any USN boats.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
All of the above, plus what Spekkio said, and submariners have the Submarine Song. SWOs have no such song.
It's funny that 17 years after being "indoctrinated" into the 2 verses of that song, but then not hearing it since due to my departure from the sub community, I can still recite it. That, my friends, is a catchy tune.

BackOrdered

Contributor
It's funny that 17 years after being "indoctrinated" into the 2 verses of that song, but then not hearing it since due to my departure from the sub community, I can still recite it. That, my friends, is a catchy tune.

I'll never forget the way my SWO wardroom got utterly crushed by all the verses in whites on a PR liberty. We just stared back in awkward skimmer shame. I definitely felt like I was backing the losing team in terms of camaraderie.