• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SPECOPS Pipeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecaManJung

Hello folks, just wanted to ask a quick question here. I'm a APRIL2003 specops candidate and for the past three months I've been searching online and making more phone calls than I can count attempting to find out the exact nature of the specops pipeline. Can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. My recruiter pursuaded me to try specops instead of specwar b/c the specwar billet is "tougher than winning the state lotto" according to him. He went on to explain that specops is the "same" type of community; meaning that they jump, shoot, and operate in small units. Anyway, I said no about four or five times and finally he sold me on the idea when he showed me photos of mobile units jumping out of planes and fastroping onto a carrier. Now three months later I have people telling me I was lied to and that after ocs I'll be on a god forsaken ship for two years. I was i-rate to say the very least and have been on an endless pursuit to find the truth. Does anyone on this forum have 100% knowledge of the community? And Yes, I've searched all the web sites and they all tell different tales. I can't imagine a full LT. lying to me; but if the ship part is true I've just wasted four years of my life running, swimming, rucking, and pt-ing just to do a 12 hour on 12 hour off watch out in the middle of the ocean.
I apologize for the lengthy post. Thanks guys.

JayManC

probably SBU or EOD from what I hear if you're a newly commissioned officer as opposed to an Officer ascension from the enlisted ranks you are required to get your SWO pin before you can go to these billets....but Dave prolly could fill you in better than I

good luck

<insert something witty here:>

JayManC

here you go jung i found some links for you
www.navyspecialoperations.com
http://www.bupers.navy.mil/pers2/n132d7/eod.htm
http://www.bupers.navy.mil/pers2/n132d7/swcc.htm
just a tid bit of info SWCC guys usually arent looked to well upon by SeALs, but more or less considered red-headed stepchildren, EOD aint a bad gig if you can get it, I used to date a girl whose dad was an EOD LCDR and he was a little screwy and I work with a few retired bomb techs but it sounded fun; they work with SeALs alot and are usually better equipped to handle incidents more so tha law enforcement.

<insert something witty here:>

Status
Not open for further replies.