• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

taxi1

pilot
I'm curious if this might have been the result of a self-medication attempt along these lines. There is legit research to back it up, but under the care of a professional, not whatever this guy claimed to have gotten into. But I could see someone struggling with depression latching onto this idea, given its recent publicity, and doing it wrong (since our industry of course would never allow such a treatment)
Yeah, I’m not sure the “take a mushroom and sit jump seat” therapy is approved protocol. He should of at least had his shaman with him.

But it absolutely is proving to be effective when done right.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious if this might have been the result of a self-medication attempt along these lines. There is legit research to back it up, but under the care of a professional, not whatever this guy claimed to have gotten into. But I could see someone struggling with depression latching onto this idea, given its recent publicity, and doing it wrong (since our industry of course would never allow such a treatment)

I’m as sympathetic to pilot mental health concerns as probably anyone here. The FAA has a 1950s view of mental health that pushes people to get treatment off the books and creates more risk. But this dude just set momentum on fixing that back a decade. Just bang out sick for gods sake.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't think it needs to be said, but I'm certainly not condoning what apparently happened. I'm just saying I think there might be more to the story than some dude thinking a JS might be a good time to experiment with drugs recreationally.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Meanwhile…just got to the layover motel at LAX…still got time to go trick-or-treating dressed up as a pilot…and it’s still Speedy Tuesday…

IMG_1881.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Seems like FO Dunn is in line for some remedial CRM training. ?

Edit: Like they say, you can do anything you want on your last flight.

Overstepping FFDO duties? Was it Go Home Day?

taxi1

pilot
Seems like FO Dunn is in line for some remedial CRM training. ?

Edit: Like they say, you can do anything you want on your last flight.

Crew rest babe had the champagne chilling?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor