• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

number9

Contributor
Sweet! I hate mushrooms… vindicated! Now if they would only stop putting them in the crew meals…
When you say you have a "bad reaction" when you eat them, could you please be a little more specific? Asking for my fellow passengers ;)

robav8r

None
Contributor
Reporting I saw said he had taken the mushrooms 48 hours prior and hadn't slept in days. Not sure that's necessarily any better, but it makes slightly more sense than the guy tripping during the flight. Either way, the guy is fucked.
I don't know Brett, with the shortage of qualified pilots continuing to plague the airlines, and only getting worse in the future, he may be able to enjoy an "all expense paid" sabbatical complete with drug counseling and treatment, only to be offered a sweet deal to rejoin the airline and serve as a model for how well the industry "takes care of its own."

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I don't know Brett, with the shortage of qualified pilots continuing to plague the airlines, and only getting worse in the future, he may be able to enjoy an "all expense paid" sabbatical complete with drug counseling and treatment, only to be offered a sweet deal to rejoin the airline and serve as a model for how well the industry "takes care of its own."

On top of everything criminal, he’s facing immediate revocation of all of his flying certificates. He’ll have complete HIMS and then attempt to regain an FAA medical first and navigate all the psychiatric condition/depression/drug use/ drug abuse as well felony charges and criminal convictions questions.

Certainly seems like he’s fucked.

His best bet will probably be to go for not guilty by reason of insanity and take the state psych hospital stay in leu of prison and collect his long term disability until it runs out and go on to write a book and become a life coach for transitioning military folks and First Command financial advisor and/or pot grower taxidermist.

GroundPounder

Other than general interest, I don't have a dog in the fight, but do have a question.

What if he had been coherent enough to say that someone had slipped it to him, or that he had consumed them by accident. With no history of drug use, could he ever be reinstated, had he just acted weird and not tried to save fossil fuels by shutting down the engines?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Other than general interest, I don't have a dog in the fight, but do have a question.

What if he had been coherent enough to say that someone had slipped it to him, or that he had consumed them by accident. With no history of drug use, could he ever be reinstated, had he just acted weird and not tried to save fossil fuels by shutting down the engines?
Asking for a friend?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure, after he serves his 3x consecutive life sentences for the 80+ attempted murder charges.

sevenhelmet

pilot
This is the most detailed account of the incident I've seen so far.

Kind of sad, actually.

It amazes me that people actually think these kinds of drugs should be legal and OTC. So we can have more people publicly doing things like this.

sevenhelmet

pilot
Not OTC, but there is a lot of support for professionals using this to treat PTSD and other mental health issues.

I hear a lot about that across the veteran community. I'm skeptical about the benefits, but even so, (and to your point) those people aren't self-medicating.

The process also does NOT sound enjoyable.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not OTC, but there is a lot of support for professionals using this to treat PTSD and other mental health issues.

I'm curious if this might have been the result of a self-medication attempt along these lines. There is legit research to back it up, but under the care of a professional, not whatever this guy claimed to have gotten into. But I could see someone struggling with depression latching onto this idea, given its recent publicity, and doing it wrong (since our industry of course would never allow such a treatment)