• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

HuggyU2

None
Something was clearly very wrong in someone’s head.
Something is very wrong in the news reporting. It's not making sense.

He was in the jumpseat... and couldn't kill the engine switches without them stopping him??

And then he just left the cockpit when told to do so?

How about this: he could wait until a trip he was flying, wait for a bathroom break... and then kill the engines and/or crash the plane.

There is a LOT more to this story than is being reported.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

He was in the jumpseat... and couldn't kill the engine switches without them stopping him??

How about this: he could wait until a trip he was flying, wait for a bathroom break... and then kill crash the plane.

This is true. My wife asked, “How do they know he wasn’t just stretching from a yawn and if he was crazy why didn’t he fight to stop the engines?”

Dontcallmegump

pilot

How about this: he could wait until a trip he was flying, wait for a bathroom break... and then kill the engines and/or crash the plane.

It does seem to have been explained in a way that isn't how most pilots would see it playing out.

Not to be morbid, but it's seemingly possible to pull off. The folk(s) at China Eastern Airlines figured that out.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reporting I saw said he had taken the mushrooms 48 hours prior and hadn't slept in days. Not sure that's necessarily any better, but it makes slightly more sense than the guy tripping during the flight. Either way, the guy is fucked.

HuggyU2

None
Brett,
In Hawaii, do you go primarily with mushrooms, or do you prefer the local Maui Wowie, and native Kava-kava plant?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
He was taking mushrooms?!

Well, that's just dandy. Thanks, Mr Pull-the-Firehandles. I expect we will now have to tell Flight Medicine everything about our mushroom usage before flights.

Sweet! I hate mushrooms… vindicated! Now if they would only stop putting them in the crew meals…