• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Mirage

pilot
Hopefully they won't do that. Not the first time unfortunately.

If they did, airlines would have to start positive spacing commuters. They'll fight that hard, right alongside the unions. Plus they'd still have to allow LCA, FAA, dispatchers, etc up there so it wouldn't even eliminate the risk.

What I don't get, is why. If you're a pilot, and you decide to kill a plane full of people, why wait until You're jumpseating and just pull back an engine? Makes no sense. Seems to me it must have been a cry for help, or he was drunk, or it was some crazy misunderstanding or something.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
If they did, airlines would have to start positive spacing commuters. They'll fight that hard, right alongside the unions. Plus they'd still have to allow LCA, FAA, dispatchers, etc up there so it wouldn't even eliminate the risk.

What I don't get, is why. If you're a pilot, and you decide to kill a plane full of people, why wait until You're jumpseating and just pull back an engine? Makes no sense. Seems to me it must have been a cry for help, or he was drunk, or it was some crazy misunderstanding or something.
Yeah, my first thought was WTF, too. Something was clearly very wrong in someone’s head.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

I know a guy who knows a guy who talked to this guys wife… apparently was a “good guy” and “snapped”.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I’m sure the feds will come up with some new and dumb rule about jumpseating. Think of the most ridiculous, bureaucratic shit you can imagine, and make sure it doesn’t actually address the problem.

Gotta look like you’re doing something.

:confused: