• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Where are the CAs? Interesting read. Is this a thing at your company?

I'm sure this has been happening as long as the airlines have existed. It is just really bad at the regionals right now (or so I'm told)

HuggyU2

None
Yes.

United's last vacancy bid that closed out a few days ago had 85 unfilled Captain vacancies.

I've seen plenty of posts from NB Captains waiting for their 3-year freeze to end so they can bid back to a wide body FO position.

Under the current contract... and based on my seniority..., I have no desire to upgrade to Captain.

In the last 2 weeks, our CEO said his biggest concern was the shortage of Captains. I have no idea if that's really his biggest concern... but the fact he mentioned it is interesting.

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot

Seniority…. Lots of junior pairings suck and suck really bad! Plus lots of folks don’t want to get jerked around on reserve!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So, Trump’s 757 took off from DCA (Runway 19) just a moment ago and passed down the Potomac so I could see it from my back deck. Got me to thinking…do you think his pilots are working on their resumes? That could potentially be a short term job.

robav8r

None
Contributor
So, Trump’s 757 took off from DCA (Runway 19) just a moment ago and passed down the Potomac so I could see it from my back deck. Got me to thinking…do you think his pilots are working on their resumes? That could potentially be a short term job.
Nope. That’s the definition of long-term job security right there . . . . ?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Why, because the 75 is getting old? They’ll just get a new type rating for whatever Teflon Don buys next.

Oh, you mean-

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Speaking of the 7-5, dramatic evac on the runway yesterday in ATL after brake-gear-tire fire after landing (fuse plugs). @mad dog pointed out the great job by the crew for wearing their hats and directing pax.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I recently realized why old guys always wear hats. I have a thick head of dark hear, no balding anywhere, but I got burned again in the PNW sun on my hair part and my cowlick. Probably not a good thing to have that happen each and every summer, at least once. I now have started wearing a hat in the peak sun hours. I think pedialite and tums are next.