• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Flew with a UPS dude today - he shared driver strike is imminent and the pilots have a sympathy clause. Will be ugly apparently, I'm sure the Orange and Purple folks are gearing up for more work.
I remember the one in the 90s. It lasted quite a while, and packages got delayed by months in some cases. We had a mower part that shipped a day or two before it started, so the grass got really long that summer… until my Dad finally said “F it” and bought a riding lawnmower.

Thanks, UPS. ?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Yeppers…I think the airlines are a “good gig”…got to go to the same FLL layover motel ool two days in a row…for Speedy Tuesday [yesterday] and Speedy Wednesday [today]…

IMG_7833.jpeg

taxi1

pilot
What think you, airline pilots?

The U.S. Department of Transportation said Thursday that it was investigating why passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight had been left to swelter for hours in triple-digit temperatures while the plane waited on the tarmac at a Las Vegas airport on Monday.

The flight, DL555, to Atlanta, was supposed to take off from Harry Reid International Airport on Monday but instead sat on the tarmac, where the extreme heat sickened passengers, causing some of them to faint, according to reports posted to social media by those on board.

The ordeal lasted nearly three hours, with paramedics boarding the plane to wheel out three people who had fallen ill, Krista Garvin, a passenger and a producer for Fox News, wrote on Twitter.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot

The U.S. Department of Transportation said Thursday that it was investigating why passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight had been left to swelter for hours in triple-digit temperatures while the plane waited on the tarmac at a Las Vegas airport on Monday.

The flight, DL555, to Atlanta, was supposed to take off from Harry Reid International Airport on Monday but instead sat on the tarmac, where the extreme heat sickened passengers, causing some of them to faint, according to reports posted to social media by those on board.

The ordeal lasted nearly three hours, with paramedics boarding the plane to wheel out three people who had fallen ill, Krista Garvin, a passenger and a producer for Fox News, wrote on Twitter.
Don’t care… Boxes don’t care what temperature it is….. But Horses do!
Had this jumping horse on Tuesday’s flight…. Most I ever had was 9 race horses from LAX to Indy..
IMG_1479.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Don’t care… Boxes don’t care what temperature it is….. But Horses do!
Had this jumping horse on Tuesday’s flight…. Most I ever had was 9 race horses from LAX to Indy..
View attachment 38423
Poor guy must have been super stressed. Thats an interesting container! I've seen narrow body old school DC-9 and 727's out of LEX and they transport horses in more open cargo bay config.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Delta’s APU Nazis/Sheriffs/Ambassadors will be pleased. They saved $6/minute by the having the crew not use the APU until just minutes before departure. By sitting at the gate and giving the opportunity to deplane, Delta was able to circumvent the tarmac delay program and avoid fines with the added bonus not paying their flight crew. Gold stars all around.

Mirage

pilot
Delta’s APU Nazis/Sheriffs/Ambassadors will be pleased. They saved $6/minute by the having the crew not use the APU until just minutes before departure. By sitting at the gate and giving the opportunity to deplane, Delta was able to circumvent the tarmac delay program and avoid fines with the added bonus not paying their flight crew. Gold stars all around.
So they were sitting at the gate for 3 hours with pax on board with the ability to get off, but some pax didn't get off and fainted instead? Is that confirmed?

Mos

None
So they were sitting at the gate for 3 hours with pax on board with the ability to get off, but some pax didn't get off and fainted instead? Is that confirmed?
The reporter said in her tweet "we're heading back to the gate". This appears to have been after the 3 hours and people passing out.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Where are the CAs? Interesting read. Is this a thing at your company?