• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

robav8r

None
Contributor
There is a huge step from "the FAA changed its medical standards" to "they changed it because pilots got injured by the vaccine". Can we blame everything on the vaccine now? If your sports team does not win can we blame it on the vaccine?

I thought you were better than bringing up shit like this Chuck.

If you want to really know what this "'noise'" is, it is people who are already against the vaccine who are trying to justify their beliefs. That mixed with people who know they are full of shit and try and cause confusion. There is no causation here. And the only correlation is it happened at some point after the vaccine roll out. Everything else in that article is just scare words.
Did the FAA change its medical standards? If so, why?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do you have something to add or are you "just asking questions"?
Asking and answering questions is literally what this web site was created for.

If he gets an answer, it may give him info needed to add to the discussion. If you know, why not answer him? If you don't and are not interested in knowing, fine. Can't say that I am. But your post boarders on dismissive.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
The reason I was so dismissive was because he knows the answer to the first and he knows I don't know the reason for the second question. But he asked me. Asking the FAA why they changed their standards is valid. Go ask them.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The reason I was so dismissive was because he knows the answer to the first and he knows I don't know the reason for the second question. But he asked me. Asking the FAA why they changed their standards is valid. Go ask them.
OK. I am not going to add to the discussion but to simply ask a question, violating your standard for posting, I guess. Why don't we know exactly why the standards changed? I am sure it is public knowledge somewhere, and to counter anything anti-vaxs folks may CL AIM is the reason, seems the real reason would be front and center. When sleep apnea became a huge thing to the FAA and DOT-MRB ( trucker med folks) they made clear why and what the standards were.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Do you have something to add or are you "just asking questions"?
You're being an ass. I'm not an airline pilot, or pilot of any kind. I was genuinely trying to ask an honest question. Get some more fiber in your diet dude . . .

robav8r

None
Contributor
It’s incredibly easy to find sources with statements from the FAA’s cardiologists saying why they made this change. Spoiler alert- it has zero to do with Covid vaccines. Google is your friend. https://www.politifact.com/factchec...dical-guidelines-changed-advice-cardiologist/
I was actually looking for a plain language answer as to "why" the change occurred. Nothing nefarious, political or "right wing" from actual, airline pilots that are affected by this. Too hard of a question?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Rob, you don’t need quotes on the associated press. It’s really them.

They have official comment from the FAA cardiologists. No need to wait!
Dude, this is not really that hard. I was just, really, genuinely curious about the FAA policy change, or if there wasn't one. No politics, no COVID-19 conspiracy theory stuff, I was just interested if the FAA had made a change to the health standards for airline pilots and if so, why?