• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Did any of the mids ask you if you graduated before or after Pearl Harbor in “41”?

For what it’s worth…I will say that when I was [erratically] running around the USNA campus [trying to find the Herndon Monument] while wearing my AOCS BATT I “41” shirt…I heard a mid ask another mid if AOCS was an abbreviation for Albuquerque Occupational Christian School.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Soooo are the airlines still a good gig? Can't tell after reading this entire thread.

One thing that is often forgotten regarding the airlines is the fact that you’ll have the opportunity to amass a fantabulous motel/hotel pen collection from the layovers. Pictured below is just a small sampling of my collection…I probably have over 15,000 motel/hotel pens which were all given to me by motel/hotel employees. When I retire from the airlines in about 6 years, I’ll sell my fantabulous motel/hotel pen collection on eBay for $500,000.

EAAFE2DB-CB15-4638-9194-14A4B4C4539D.jpeg

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
One thing that is often forgotten regarding the airlines is the fact that you’ll have the opportunity to amass a fantabulous motel/hotel pen collection from the layovers. Pictured below is just a small sampling of my collection…I probably have over 15,000 motel/hotel pens which were all given to me by motel/hotel employees. When I retire from the airlines in about 6 years, I’ll sell my fantabulous motel/hotel pen collection on eBay for $500,000.

View attachment 37320
Not me… Finally hit widebody Cap seniority to do nothing but afternoon out and backs…. No more layovers for me.. Except BFM.. Folks live in Pcola so grabbed a BFM out of open time at the end of the month with a 26 hour layover..

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That guy is so fucking anti-vax I don’t really trust any of his facts, much less his analysis.

Anything from a non-insane person on the issue?

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
A lot of 'noise' on interwebs that FAA has quietly loosened 'healthy' EKG parameters for First Class medicals. And that this is the result of accomodations for cardiac damage caused by the jab...

BS? Internet Troll content? Some truth?

There is a huge step from "the FAA changed its medical standards" to "they changed it because pilots got injured by the vaccine". Can we blame everything on the vaccine now? If your sports team does not win can we blame it on the vaccine?

I thought you were better than bringing up shit like this Chuck.

If you want to really know what this "'noise'" is, it is people who are already against the vaccine who are trying to justify their beliefs. That mixed with people who know they are full of shit and try and cause confusion. There is no causation here. And the only correlation is it happened at some point after the vaccine roll out. Everything else in that article is just scare words.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
There is a huge step from "the FAA changed its medical standards" to "they changed it because pilots got injured by the vaccine". Can we blame everything on the vaccine now? If your sports team does not win can we blame it on the vaccine?

I thought you were better than bringing up shit like this Chuck.

If you want to really know what this "'noise'" is, it is people who are already against the vaccine who are trying to justify their beliefs. That mixed with people who know they are full of shit and try and cause confusion. There is no causation here. And the only correlation is it happened at some point after the vaccine roll out. Everything else in that article is just scare words.
Sorry - literally this kept popping up on Twitter verse. You're right. Clearly there is no 'there' there. Fascinating how this spreads and gets retweeted by sources you think reliable. My bad.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sorry - literally this kept popping up on Twitter verse. You're right. Clearly there is no 'there' there. Fascinating how this spreads and gets retweeted by sources you think reliable. My bad.

It’s easy for people to point to the vax as a source of heart injury. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon these days, but the majority of it is from Covid exposure. How does one differentiate between a vax and a Covid caused incident? Or a Covid caused incident with someone who got the vax? I don’t know but I do trust doctors more than I trust my old sim partner (co founder of U.S. freedom flyer… dude is a right wing conspiracy theorist who has no problem capitalizing on people with similar beliefs for fame and personal financial gain- and this was well before USFF and he loves to stir the pot to watch the chaos) or anything that comes out of his mouth.

Last edited: