• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The Japanese are an impressive people. I bet they were politely deferring to each other.. "After you, sir, I insist!"

Nah, that's too inefficient. Ever been to a 4-way stop in the Midwest? It's like people have nowhere to be... BZ to the crew and the passengers for pulling this off without a single fatality. It's a good case study for why you leave your bags behind when a crew member tells you to get out.

Meanwhile, in America... :confused:
This had to be a somewhat weird conversation with Ground. "There's a naked dude, high out of his mind, in one of your intakes. We're gonna need you to go ahead and shut her down, M'Kay"

hscs

pilot
The Japanese are an impressive people. I bet they were politely deferring to each other.. "After you, sir, I insist!"
Nope. Ever been on a train in Tokyo at rush hour? No one says a thing and just gets on and off in under 10 seconds - unless of course the conductor has to push you inside in order to get the door to close.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
OK so how many of you have this as a goal? What do you think it cost? What a way to go out - that's all I can say. @HuggyU2 ?

@mad dog - what is the Delta inside word on this?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
OK so how many of you have this as a goal? What do you think it cost? What a way to go out - that's all I can say. @HuggyU2 ?

Before their new contract, SWA was known to be a place where guys would go and the bail if they job offers at other majors. SWA accounted for that. Now, with the new contract, the word I’m hearing is that new hires are staying put. That’s changed HRs people forecast and they have a backlog to work through.

My opinion, from the outside looking in, and as I get smarter on this, is that SWA will slow it down for the rest of the year to get a good feel for just how many people stick around, then start adjusting the hiring rates back open.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

A sheet cake and gold Timex would have done the trick.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
OK so how many of you have this as a goal? What do you think it cost? What a way to go out - that's all I can say. @HuggyU2?

Not a goal.

Have no idea what it cost.

Have not heard anything at Delta regarding this.

For the record, my goal at retirement is to go directly to Dunkin’ [riding my Honda Monkey]...and then go directly to Hooters [riding my Honda Monkey]…and then, just for kicks even though I’d be technically retired, call in sick to crew scheduling…all of this while wearing all 4 of my Omega Speedmasters while cranking Metallica to 11.

LATE ENTRY: With my luck, I’ll probably be scheduled for recurrent training at retirement. Heck…I was scheduled for B-727-200 recurrent training literally a few hours before I was furloughed back in late 2001…I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened again.

ANOTHER LATE ENTRY: In all seriousness, the goal is to actually make it to retirement…I can do all those shenanigans mentioned above but for now [and for the next 5 years] let’s just try to keep our head screwed on straight and not do anything stupid.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Not a goal.

Have no idea what it cost.

Have not heard anything at Delta regarding this.

For the record, my goal at the moment of retirement is to go directly to Dunkin’ [riding my Honda Monkey]….and then go directly to Hooters [riding my Honda Monkey]…and then, just for fun, call in sick with crew scheduling…all of this while wearing all four of my Omega Speedmasters at the same time while cranking Metallica to 11.
What about the gold Timex?

ChuckMK23

pilot
Had a work colleague throw out $30,000/hour for the charter - basically the flight was a year's worth of salary for the retiring Captain.

ChuckMK23

pilot
I’ll take the sheet cake, please…I have plenty of watches…including 4 Omega Speedmasters. Did you know that @ChuckMK23 only has 1 Omega Speedmaster? Sometimes I feel really sorry for him.
I have a BMW R1200GS - the best motorcycle in the world. I have a Tesla Model 3 - the best automobile in the world. These beat 4 Speedmaster watches :)

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I have a BMW R1200GS - the best motorcycle in the world. I have a Tesla Model 3 - the best automobile in the world. These beat 4 Speedmaster watches :)
I don’t think so…but good job giving it the old college try. :D

Also, my 2021 Honda Monkey is the best motorcycle in the world…and my 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT as well as my 2007 Ford Police Interceptor are the best automobiles in the world. :D

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I don’t think so…but good job giving it the old college try. :D

Also, my 2021 Honda Monkey is the best motorcycle in the world…and my 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT as well as my 2007 Ford Police Interceptor are the best automobiles in the world. :D
Has a former cop ever made a run at the Cannonball Run record? @mad dog , I think you've got the requisite gear and experience. Maybe, a quick brush up on contemporary countermeasures, and I think you're ready to go. 😵