• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The pull-up question

glory bound

freeflyer
I've been doing my pull ups for a while now, but i just can't seem to get stronger. I feel like i can't get into a flow..either doing them everyday or waiting to let my body rest, nothing seems to work. I appreciate the input.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
it seems that everyone runs into this problem. I think that once people start finding out that they have to do these horrible creations called pullups, they start working on them hard core. Then after some time, the armstrong and sets up to 50, etc. just sort of stop working. You hit a slump. My slump was first at 12, then at 17. Honestly I think that you just need to keep doing what you're doing. The "slump" will end eventually. (Unless of course you're doing stupid stuff like hurting yourself). I would just keep up the work you've been doing now. You cant go from 10 to 20 in a month. Just keep doing them...a lot

zuggerat

this is my first post in a while but i think i have some good things to say in here... if u go to oo-rah.com and look under semper fitness there's a great pull up program... it goes as follows:

PS these are my weights and reps

1 set warm up 5-10 pull ups slow with negatives -- i do 10
1 set of 7-15 with 25 lbs-ish (max failure) -- i do 11
1 set of 3-7 with 35 lbs-ish (max failure) -- i do 5
1 max set to failure no weight -- i do about 14 or 15
1 set lat pull down, light weight to about 20 reps
2 sets lat pull down, very heavy set maximum reps and complete failure

ive seen a huge difference in the ease of my pull ups from 0-about 15 or so... then rest is just fighting the pain and eeking out the last 4 or 5

good luck guys

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Go to the gym and lift. I do a split, one day I work chest/bis/shoulders and the next I work back/tri/traps. I'm up to 24 pullups. Put in the effort and you'll see the results.

zuggerat

Ryan_Cunningham said:
Go to the gym and lift. I do a split, one day I work chest/bis/shoulders and the next I work back/tri/traps. I'm up to 24 pullups. Put in the effort and you'll see the results.

agreed