• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"The Proud Bastards"

Malice 1

pilot
FYI, it's a good book.

Some old Marine that I had never met before came up to me in Walden books a few weeks ago, and told me that I have to read this book. He held up "The Prould Bastards". Caught in an awkward situation that would only take $3.95 to get out of, I bought the book. I need to stop wearing my OCS platoon T-shirt out in public.

I just finished reading the book. It was really good. It is a true story, first person account of a PFC grunt in the vietnam war in 1968. We have all read history from that time period, but it is neet to read it from a first person perspective. Even the writing style is synonymous to an 18 year old in a foreign war. The first time he gets into a firefight, the whole page is one sentence. You feel frantic trying to make sense out of the sentence. He does a good job portraying his feelings.

I am really motivated to go to TBS now. Too bad I still have to wait 3 more months.

Thank you random retired Marine, for making me read this book.