• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The perfect gift for any aviator

Pags

N/A
pilot
60R has clear a clear cover with side rings. Haven’t seen anything different through primary and advanced either.
60 went through a top ring phase. I cant remember if the PCL started out as a side ring or not. I still have a T-34 PCL with a blue cover and side rings. Can't recall what the TH-57 one looked like.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
60 went through a top ring phase. I cant remember if the PCL started out as a side ring or not. I still have a T-34 PCL with a blue cover and side rings. Can't recall what the TH-57 one looked like.

The top plastic curly binder thingy was a thing for several T/M/S, including the T-34. It was a pain in the ass to use, and made even worse when there were interim changes. Thankfully there was enough push from users and they went away. Otherwise I've only seen side rings, which thankfully were eventually changed from rings that randomly released to the insulated locking wire rings used now.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I seem to remember T-34 and Prowler being side rings and T-45 being top rings, though I had to turn in everything besides the Prowler one. I can't remember which one the T-39 had. I'm pretty sure everyone in T-45 land shitcanned the curly binder thing for the coated metal braided rings they used when I got off active duty.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
The top plastic curly binder thingy was a thing for several T/M/S, including the T-34. It was a pain in the ass to use, and made even worse when there were interim changes. Thankfully there was enough push from users and they went away. Otherwise I've only seen side rings, which thankfully were eventually changed from rings that randomly released to the insulated locking wire rings used now.
These guys...
Were in cahoots with these guys...
aka Paper A$$holes

6x9" clear covers and first page, followed by 4.5x8" standard procedures section, followed by a 6x9" divider, followed by 4 dividers 6x9" with 3/4" tabs across the top sandwiching 6x9" side tabbed Emergency Procedure Flight Reference Cards.

Granted, this is an interim fix until the standard procedures section is also enlarged to match the rest. Then eventually, my MTF checklist will also be enlarged. But, I have to admit, it would make the conversion to a Cocktail Checklist a little more interesting.

johnboyA6E

None
we had the metal rings that were prone to separating, but didn't yet have the snazzy insulated locking wire, so we used zip ties that ended up tightening up on their own making it hard to flip through the pages

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Can't recall what the TH-57 one looked like.
Back in my day...side rings and just big enough to make to walk with a limp if you were dumb enough to put it in your flight suit (low) leg pocket to pretend you were cool.