• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The perennial Navy vs AF flight school smackdown (split from the "What %" article)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....whiny bitches ...
Since you mentioned that -- whiny bitches, I mean -- I'm kinda curious as to how the different kinds of animals are perceived in USAF parochial viewpoints ... i.e., how do the fighter jocks (particularly single seat) 'look' @ WSO/NAV's .... at BUFF-drivers ... at MAC-drivers (or whatever it's called today) ... or ... *GASP* ... at HELO-drivers .... ??? :eek:

How were F-4 back-seaters (drivers) looked at -- some kine' apprentice pilot/IUT or something??

We KNOW how they 'look' at 'missileers' & UCAV-ers ... at least I know how I look at 'em ...:)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Since you mentioned that -- whiny bitches, I mean -- I'm kinda curious as to how the different kinds of animals are perceived in USAF parochial viewpoints ... i.e., how do the fighter jocks (particularly single seat) 'look' @ WSO/NAV's .... at BUFF-drivers ... at MAC-drivers (or whatever it's called today) ... or ... *GASP* ... at HELO-drivers .... ??? :eek:

How were F-4 back-seaters (drivers) looked at -- some kine' apprentice pilot/IUT or something??

We KNOW how they 'look' at 'missileers' & UCAV-ers ... at least I know how I look at 'em ...:)

He already started his answer in a previous post....

I stopped reading after "T-1". Nothing more needed to be said and the point would have been made.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I'm clueless on 'T-1' or whatever's to be inferred from his post ...

T-1A = Beechjet/Hawker 400 - The platform used by the AF to train the tanker track (opposite T-38) selectors. They end up flying C-130s, KC-135/10s, C-5s, C-17s, etc

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T-1A = Beechjet/Hawker 400 - The platform used by the AF to train the tanker track (opposite T-38) selectors. They end up flying C-130s, KC-135/10s, C-5s, C-17s, etc

Roger that ... thanks for the update.

I'm ancient -- every time I hear 'T-1' in aviation parlance .... this is what comes to mind -- i.e., an All-American Navy aircraft :):

t1aussantietamcvs36nan1.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

I'm ancient -- every time I hear 'T-1' in aviation parlance .... this is what comes to mind -- i.e., an All-American Navy aircraft :):

Same for me!

A derivitive of the F-80 Shooting Star - that I built a model of as a kid - I always wanted to fly the T-33 aka T-1. Never did unfortunately, but I believe some still fly. Didn't Boeing recently use some T-33 chase planes?

tv2t2v1nan655.jpg

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor

By Jove! It's the old Antietam!! "Ran the deck" on her 05/04/62...two T & G's, six traps...initial CQ in the T-28...then back to the base to "Drink The Bomb'!! (460 traps on six different carriers later, called it a day..I was done!!
icon12.gif

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None

1.jpg

Whoooooaaaaa.....those guys are fags!

Note, especially to any CSAR helo brother who might ever have to pull me out from the shit if I were to get shot down: It's a joke.

HuggyU2

None
A derivitive of the F-80 Shooting Star - that I built a model of as a kid - I always wanted to fly the T-33 aka T-1. Never did unfortunately, but I believe some still fly. Didn't Boeing recently use some T-33 chase planes?
Unfortantely, only one T-1 is still able to fly. A friend of mine in Phoenix has it, but it has not flown in a few years due to a cracked windscreen. Just spoke to him last week, and he's going to have one fabricated, and get her flying again.
As for Boeing, yes they do operate a T-33 for chase. Test pilot and homebuilder-guru Norm Howell is heavily involved in the program.

yak52driver

Contributor
I think you can catch the T-33 chase at about 19 seconds into the video of the 787 first flight.